Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
can we allow editing of posts - pretty much forever?
grant - Tuesday, 1 February, 2011, at 1:52:22 pm
I found errors, omissions, etc and cant fix them. But for a short interval i can. So it must be a timer.

Grant
I think you have about an hour and it is deliberately set that way. I regularly am horrified to see typos and go back and almost immediately correct em.

The thought behind the limit I've always been told is to prevent people from going back and guessing right. Done at the cost of you having to correct a message containing a bad fact with another posted message and you can only hope the reader reads the whole thread.
You can already edit posts forever
Boxsterra - Tuesday, 1 February, 2011, at 8:15:15 pm
Just press the preview button and you can look at it as long as you want.

It's just not fair to others who have read your message for you to change the meaning after it's posted. And if you're not changing the meaning, you don't have to change the content. If you need to clarify, just reply to your own message with a clarification.

This is not going to change, sorry.
Good call, Stefan thumbs up *NM*
Gary in SoFL - Wednesday, 2 February, 2011, at 1:08:18 pm
Most of the other boards I belong to allow unlimited editing and message deletion. Allowing these options goes a long way towards correcting misunderstanding and stupid comments.

It makes more sense to have the original poster modify or delete an offensive message rather than deleting an entire thread.

Driving a new-to-me '09S in Aqua Blue Metallic. It does .5 past light speed. I made the Kessel run in less than 12-parsecs.
Motto: If you have your top up, that storm outside had better have a name!
Motto 2: Having the top up on a convertible is an oxymoron. Don't be a (oxy)moron.
How often do we see an entire thread deleted? Not often enough IMHO.
To delete a thread is a tough decision, to selectively delete only some posts in the thread is even tougher, and probably rewards the coy comment(s) that started taking the thread in the wrong direction.

I have some experience on both ends smoking smiley

Isn't it about time for a post showing a top ten of who's been deleted?
Coy comment:
Laz - Tuesday, 15 May, 2012, at 12:45:04 pm
"Beautiful koi!"
[www.pondbiz.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2012 12:47PM by Laz. (view changes)
ADMIN! - PedrosBoard is not like most other boards ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Monday, 30 April, 2012, at 2:05:27 pm
... we don't follow anybody else's rules; we have our own.
The edit feature, as Stefan stated is available for a short time after a post goes online.
After that if you need to clarify or rectify anything in your post, you can respond to your own post with "Clarification" or "Rectification" in the subject line.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login