Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
OK guys, I'm in...
Rick (Nashville, TN) - Tuesday, 10 May, 2011, at 6:39:44 pm
I've been on the waiting list at the Switzerland Inn since early March. I guess I must have made steady progress up the list because I've finally received two calls in the last week. The first call was for a 2-bedroom suite, which I don't need, but this morning I got a call from Deborah at the Switzerland Inn informing me that a regular room had opened up in the main lodge, so I reserved it immediately.

Now the only remaining question is whether I want to arrive on Wed or Thurs, which is really a non-question, lol.. I will push for a Wed arrival.

It's been a really tough year for me. As many of you know, my wife Lynn passed away suddenly and unexpectedly last summer. She loved the people, the cars, and the Blue Ridge area. I debated staying home but I finally decided that I *need* to attend, and I need to see my BRBS friends.

So, I'm getting 'psyched up' for BRBS 2011, and I'm truly looking forward to seeing all of you!

Regards,

Rick
Great to hear, Rick... smileys with beer *NM*
Gary in SoFL - Tuesday, 10 May, 2011, at 6:46:03 pm
Looking forward to seeing you again.
Re: OK guys, I'm in...
Karl from So. Carolina - Tuesday, 10 May, 2011, at 9:46:53 pm
I'm really glad you're making it, Rick. Good time to relax and just have fun after the year you've had.

Be sure to come in Wednesday. We're going to have a get-together Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. at the Terrace Bar for early-arrivers, and we think you're not going to want to miss Thursday's early event. You need to be up that way in order to make the Thursday early event on time.
smileys with beer Good for you!
Lorrie - Tuesday, 10 May, 2011, at 11:39:18 pm
I completely understand about needing to attend. Glad you are going to make it back this year too!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2011 11:39PM by Lorrie. (view changes)
Re: smileys with beer Good for you!
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 11 May, 2011, at 12:10:29 am
Good to see that you're coming back too, Lorrie. Family and friends are so important to help us get through hard times.

Safe travels.
Look forward to seeing you..
John B in SC - Wednesday, 11 May, 2011, at 8:03:26 am
I was looking over the roster just the other day and noticed you weren't signed up. I was hoping it was just an oversight - glad to learn that's all it was and you'll be attending.

See my other pastime at www.gothamcityracing.net
Great - see you in the Boxster Bar! *NM*
Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Wednesday, 11 May, 2011, at 10:32:05 am
Glad you are coming Rick.
jg wnc - Wednesday, 11 May, 2011, at 11:20:36 am
I think BRBS will be some great therapy for you. Looking forward to seeing you and your beautiful RFG Boxster!
Thanks all..
Rick (Nashville, TN) - Wednesday, 11 May, 2011, at 1:02:43 pm
Your support and friendship means everything to me. And the beautiful 'high country' of North Carolina is healing and therapeutic.

I just got off the phone with the Switzerland Inn.. I've added the extra night, and so I will be arriving on Wednesday! I'm really looking forward to the 7:00 p.m. social in the bar..

Best regards,

Rick
It'll be ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Wednesday, 11 May, 2011, at 1:06:38 pm
... GREAT to see you again, Rick.
Happy Porsche-ing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Great to hear!
Christian in Atl - Wednesday, 11 May, 2011, at 3:13:40 pm
I also glanced at the roster a few weeks ago and noticed you were not listed. I am glad you decided to make it. See you soon!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login