Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I'd rather...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Monday, 16 May, 2011, at 4:24:56 pm
... drive the 226A loop any day.
The Dragon is nice, but traffic is horrible and can kill your fun.
The Diamondback is usually open (no traffic).
Happy Porsche-ing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
I have a feeling
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 16 May, 2011, at 4:31:59 pm
that the 226A loop might be busier than usual the first week in June. hot smiley
We are going to hit 226-A on the way up...
Christian in Atl - Monday, 16 May, 2011, at 4:44:01 pm
I prefer the west SIDE thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2011 05:02PM by Christian in Atl. (view changes)
Be careful when you hit it duing the week....
jg wnc - Monday, 16 May, 2011, at 5:02:45 pm
I ran 226A two years ago heading up to BRBS. Got there in the mid afternoon time frame...... and was stuck behind a school bus for what seemed and smelled like an eternity. At the top of the hill, it pulled into a driveway and turned around and headed back down.
Hey jg, are you going to join us on Wednesday?
I did both last year, in my opinion the 226 is a more challenging road than the Tail of the Dragon.
behind a couple of Harleys chugging along part way up. The return trip was faster. smiling smiley

When we were there 10 days ago, there were a fair number of motorcycles on the loop. There are some very nice roads we're also scheduling throughout the event. We think you'll enjoy this different stretch of the Blue Ridge Parkway and surrounding roads, as those around Blowing Rock were getting rather stale.
some of the back roads I found on the Deal's Gap map. I drove the Dragon once but the rest of these roads are new to me, Warwoman Road, Moonshiner 28 with its waterfalls, Foothills Parkway, and scenic Old Hwy 73 thru the Great Smoky Mountains Nat. Park.
I know, Karl. I know! hot smiley
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 17 May, 2011, at 11:40:44 pm
Every time I go out into the garage, the CURVEN8R looks up at me with a twinkle in its headlights and asks "Is it time?"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login