Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Nice video ...

Tire Rack: Your performance experts for tires and wheels
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Hi everyone,

We have completed our #007 Spec Boxster build and thought we would share the build photos here.

Very cool! Why do the brake rotors have slots that are shaped like planetary orbits? I've never seen a pattern like that before.
... made by Ate.
That's their design and I must say they work very well in dry or wet.
They are also extremely long-lasting, even with racing pads.
Happy Boxstering
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla 1998 Boxster 986 - 280,000+ miles: http://www.PedrosGarage.com
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar
"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"
"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti
"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
I recognize that car!! smiling smiley Here's a shot of Patty in Turn 12 at Rd Atlanta (when she drives I'm the official photographer). We took 007 for it's inaugural run at a CHIN Motorsports event Nov 29/30th and the car performed flawlessly. There was one other SPB there in the blue group with me so it was fun playing lead / follow with a car with similar power.

Thanx to Mike, Taylor and all the guys at TuneRS for building a fantastic car.thumbs up

Terry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2014 07:42PM by TJA1.
(view changes)
... that's a fine racecar you've got there.
I have followed every step of the build and can tell you that you can't find a better Spec Boxster.
Be safe and enjoy!
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"
Thanx for the welcome. Here's a video link to the shakedown event with Chin Motorsports @ Rd Atlanta . LOL! I never saw that Ferrari or GT3 that I was staged behind.

video: [youtu.be]

The spec Boxster guys were doing 1:44 - 1:42's in March 2014 so I still have a lot to learn.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2014 06:08AM by TJA1. (view changes)
... you are very smooth and consistent.
As you start to trust your racecar more and more, you'll start braking later and getting on the gas sooner.
Also, because the BSR is a momentum car, you'll need to use your tranny a bit more.
Don't be afraid to upshift, even if it's just for 1 or 2 seconds just before a turn.
The extra speed you can carry will make a difference on your lap times.
You may also benefit from a shift-light to help you upshift at the engine's sweet spot and not peg it at the limiter where the HP curve has already started to drop.
Have fun!
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login