Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
my boxster story
frogster - 3 years ago
i have always had a love for porsches. i prefer the understated looks over the more, dare i say vulgar looks of the other brand with a prancing horse. i've always liked the david and goliath story of porsche in racing. my emotional attraction to porsche race cars is extremely strong and i love mid-engined cars.

when i was of driving age my dream car was the 930. i bought a '74 914 2.0 somewhere around 1980. i loved that car. i must have kept my guardian angels busy though as i did things in that car that make me shudder today.

in '93 or '94, porsche had the boxster concept at the geneva motor show. when i saw it, i had to pick my jaw up off the floor. it was a mid-engined porsche and it looked amazing.
then in the late '90s, i was in LA visiting friends. I went down to the local supermarket in malibu and there was a raffle for a white boxster. i think they must have had to wipe that thing off since i drooled all over it. tickets were $100 so i didn't buy one.
fast forward to june 2000. it was time to make my dream a reality. I went to the dealer and they had just gotten in an MY2000 ocean blue boxster S. it had just been rolled off the truck and still had all its wrapping on it. i bought it right then and there.
we had nearly 10 wonderful years with that car. we drove it all through switzerland, france, italy, spain, and of course its motherland; germany.
but alas, we decided to move to vancouver and the canadian government, in all of its wisdom, allows rust bucket, oil-spewing jalopies to drive on the streets but does not allow you to bring in a perfectly good and safe porsche from another country because they don't meet canadian safety standards. but you can bring it in if it's 15+ years old because the older, the safer, right?
i sold it to a friend who still has it today and has recently told me that he needs to get rid of it. it just celebrated its 20th birthday and doesn't quite have 100k km on it. so if anyone wants a great car in switzerland, let me know.

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login