Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Order this week (go to BumperPlugs.com, click 'order' and go from there)....

B&M Short Shift Kit for Porsche (model 45135). We are the primary distributor for this great add-on, and have sold it for years. Fits ALL manual transmission Porsche models from '98 to present.

List price: $299.
Our sales price: $229.

Order now through Friday (12/16/11) and mention Pedro's Board in your notes, and we will refund $30 of your purchase and ship right out! Applies to new orders only.

Your NET cost: $199 plus shipping

DETAILS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2011 02:24PM by Eric (Plug Guy). (view changes)
Thank you Eric! *NM*
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Monday, 12 December, 2011, at 3:23:05 pm
Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
That's a great price for one of the best mods I've done on my car. I love my B&M short shifter! (un-biased, non-paid spokesman) smiling smiley
I wish I'd done mine a lot sooner. It makes every shift just a little crisper and even more fun.

So I'm biased, but un-paid. In fact I had to pay for my shifter - got this same deal in June. Worth every single penny and then some. hot smiley
Some owners (B&M and others) mentioned their shifters have more side-to-side play (compared with OE units). Have you guys experience this?
lithium1330
Some owners (B&M and others) mentioned their shifters have more side-to-side play (compared with OE units). Have you guys experience this?

In my experience it's completely the opposite.
The B&M shifter feels "gated" whereas the OEM is much more sloppy.
To me, it's one of the best driving improvements you can make in a Porsche with a relatively small investment.
Happy Boxstering
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
My finding is the same as Pedro's. Shifts are just more precise period. All movements - front to back and side to side are shorter and crisper.

I held off for a number of years, not wanting to change my Boxster. Once it was in, I could see just how much more enjoyable it was to snick from gear to gear. That is the shifter that Porsche should be putting in all its manual transmission cars.
AWWW! sad smiley I missed this one! *NM*
bar10dah - Saturday, 17 December, 2011, at 11:27:52 am
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2011 11:28AM by bar10dah. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login