Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
wanted 6 cd changer for 2002 boxster
JACK LONGISLAND - Friday, 12 October, 2012, at 12:35:32 pm
hello need the 6 cd changer that mounts in trunk that was part of Bose system on 2002 boxster S .
Why?
Boxsterra - Friday, 12 October, 2012, at 11:18:34 pm
Rip your CDs and play them through an MP3 player. You get more music and less fuss for less $.
My thoughts exactly *NM*
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Saturday, 13 October, 2012, at 8:55:29 am
Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: Why?
JACK LONGISLAND - Saturday, 13 October, 2012, at 9:15:13 am
where would I learn about how to do this. how would a mp3 player be hooked up to the existing system?
You just need the Becker aux-in cable
Boxsterra - Saturday, 13 October, 2012, at 9:54:51 am
The cable stays plugged in to the back of the stereo. When you want to listen to music you plug your mp3 player into the cable. You can use any mp3 player or even your phone (if you have a smartphone).

Here is what the cable looks like: [www.discountcarstereo.com]
Re: You just need the Becker aux-in cable
JACK LONGISLAND - Saturday, 13 October, 2012, at 12:03:20 pm
ok thanks so I need to pull the main unit out to get the plug in and disconnect the cd changer?
Not sure that you have to disconnect the CD changer
Boxsterra - Saturday, 13 October, 2012, at 3:31:54 pm
but in any case you do have to pull out the unit to plug in the cable. To do that, you need the radio keys, which are widely available for about $3.
Re: You just need the Becker aux-in cable
Crooster - Tuesday, 1 October, 2013, at 7:37:15 pm
Does this cable work with the stock Becker unit with single CD?

Chris - '01 Boxster - Seal Grey / Black / Black ; '87 944 Turbo (track beast) ; '86 944 - needs a new home!
Yes! *NM*
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Wednesday, 2 October, 2013, at 9:32:57 am
Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Don't do it
Constantin - Tuesday, 25 June, 2013, at 5:56:47 pm
I have six CD's held hostage in mine. The unit won't play them, nor will the storage unit eject them. I suspect a jam.

I am planning on a Becker-ectomy this summer, substituting a iPod-ready Jensen unit instead. As a bonus, I get a CD-reader inside the car (why the Porsche Bose receiver with CD-changer option would feature a tape deck inside the car I can't fathom).

However, in this day an age, a CD-changer is about as useful as a buggy whip. Get an iPod, enjoy thousands of songs instead of a mere hundred at best. If you're really nerdy, get a 5th gen iPod, swap out the hard drive for 240GB dual platter unit and enjoy tens of thousands of songs.
Re: wanted 6 cd changer for 2002 boxster
Jaay - Tuesday, 29 October, 2013, at 12:04:16 pm
What's a CD?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login