Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
WTB instrument cluster multi-plug locking lever
Bill F - Monday, 25 March, 2013, at 4:44:44 pm
I was changing a bulb in my '99s instrument cluster when on of the locking levers for a multi-plug broke into 3 pieces. Now I'm looking for that piece Anyone have an instrument wiring harness or just that locking tab? Please. Porsche says they don't sell that piece by itself.

Thanks.
Bill Fauconneau
Lexington KY

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2013 04:46PM by Bill F. (view changes)
That piece will be...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Monday, 25 March, 2013, at 5:46:09 pm
... very difficult to find.
Purchasing a damaged cluster maybe.
I've had cars with the same part broken.
I just insert the connector and secure with a nylon tie wrap.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: That piece will be...
Bill F - Tuesday, 26 March, 2013, at 10:23:43 am
Thanks Pedro, I have found that out. I'm going to try the super glue route.
Here's The Scoop
whall - Tuesday, 26 March, 2013, at 7:30:57 pm
BROKEN PLUG HARDWARE. For those MY01 – MY04 DIY’ers who have broken the lock on one or more of the instrument cluster plugs or who are afraid they might, here’s the part number you need : PNA 721.04.300.202. This part number gets you a package with the three colored (blue, green, gray) covers/locks and all three black plugs. They only come as a set of three and cost $27.00 (dealer). The blue, white and black covers/locks and plugs are available for MY97 – MY00 Boxster s too. Have your Porsche technician (not parts guy) check his “Porsche Electrical Connector Repair Kit” for the replacement parts or at least a part number for the three plug MY97 - MY00 package. The entire repair kit is known as CARTOOL – Nr 96 0 000 or PNA 721 043 600. It is full of connectors the parts guy would like to sell you the entire wiring harness for.

Huh oh, I tried running the part number through a MSRP service at RennTech and couldn't find it in the data base. I have a package of the pieces for the MY01 - MY04. The part number on the bag is PNA72104300202. And I did pay $27.00 for the parts.

Bill

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2013 07:57PM by whall. (view changes)
Re: Here's The Scoop
Bill F - Wednesday, 27 March, 2013, at 12:04:24 am
Thanks for the info I'll be calling the dealer in Cincinnati to try and get those parts.
Always trust that someone on the board has the information needed.

Bill.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login