Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Carrera Instrument Cluster "Kit" For Sale
whall - Friday, 13 May, 2011, at 8:05:46 pm
I have a complete Carrera instrument cluster installation kit for MY01-MY04 Boxsters. The kit includes:

!. A brand new unused Carrera instrument cluster (P/N 996.641.223.03.70C), U.S. MSRP $2509.06
2. A replacement shaft for the clock adjustment knob, $25.00
3. A brand new Carrera oil pressure transmitter (P/N 996.606.203.00), U.S. MSRP $53.16
4. A gently used black, leatherette Boxster instrument cover, (P/N 986.552.055.03EUD), U.S. MSRP $364.48
5. A modified Boxster instrument cover, lower (P/N 986.552.221.03.A03), U.S. MSRP $126.03
6. All wires and connectors needed for installation.

Special BRBS Price $700.00 delivered.

A little background information on the kit: I was able to purchase the instrument cluster for an extremely good price because the cluster – new and out of the box – had a broken time adjustment knob shaft. (The cluster was going to be used as a warranty replacement in a customer’s car when the broken shaft was noticed. PNA replaced the instrument cluster but didn’t want the damaged one back.) After I obtained the unit, I sent off to Canada to a fellow on RennTech for a replacement shaft. After replacing the shaft, I temporarily installed the instrument cluster in my MY02 Targa and had it coded for a Cabriolet so the top “in motion” light would work. I purchased the new oil pressure transmitter from my dealer. I purchased the used instrument cluster cover from dC Automotive, an internet Porsche breaking yard, for $100.00 IIRC. I had the lower instrument cluster cover left over from an earlier project.

Possible problems after the installation:

1. Old mileage needs to be down loaded to the new instrument cluster via a PST2 or PIWIS….if you want to keep mileage continuity. Otherwise, the odometer starting at 0.0 will count up according to the distance driven. Once you have driven about 60+ miles, the odometer can no longer be set unless you send the instrument cluster to a VDO instrument shop – such as PA Speedometer. There the odometer can be reset to any mileage requested for about $150 plus shipping.

2. If you are installing this instrument cluster in an MY03 or MY04 Boxster, you will need to have a PST2 or PIWIS and run the “sports car handover” routine to introduce your MOST bus audio system to the new cluster. This is in lieu of the radio code that you need for an MY01 or MY02 Boxster following reconnecting the battery. Pedro will have a PST2 at the BRBS if anyone wishes to make the installation at Little Switzerland.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2011 08:08PM by whall. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login