Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
You're ....
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Sunday, 21 November, 2010, at 11:09:35 pm
... our first "paying" customer!
It's good to be in business again.
Happy Porsche-ing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
[picasaweb.google.com]#

This thing has 10 years and 175K miles on it and look at that shine. Warning! Put on your sunglasses before you look.

Zaino just wasn't doing it anymore and I realized the paint was just worn out so I decided to compound it. Someone gave me some sample packs of a new product called Maguiar's Ultimate Compound. Supposedly, (and proven!) it is a one-step compounding product that cuts but leaves a mirror finish. I don't know how it does it but it did. I applied it with my Porter Orbital and a Lake "white" pads. I thought I was being pretty aggressive and look what happened! Then came the Zaino and I actually caught a nice tan from the shine. Not bad for my only, all year, with snow tires, driver eh?

Before you run out and start compounding, check out this disaster:

[www.meguiarsonline.com]

Thanx Pedro!!
Just 2 words...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Sunday, 21 November, 2010, at 11:24:39 pm
... beauty - full.
That's some shine!
She looks great.
Happy Porsche-ing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

Hey Bruce. It's looking gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man, Boxsters are such beautiful cars.

Agree, we need to get some pictures. Here's mine in Fall.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2010 11:46PM by Guenter in Ontario. (view changes)
Wow, nice colors *NM*
Boxsterra - Monday, 22 November, 2010, at 7:57:57 am
Re: Wow, nice colors
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 22 November, 2010, at 1:56:17 pm
Yes, the colours were nice. Pretty much just grey trees for the next 4 months. sad smiley
JB/SE SoDak
1997 986 - Wolfi
Yankton, SD

"Wisdom is the most perfect knowledge of the most important truths in the right order of emphasis, accompanied by a total, permanent disposition to live accordingly.

-- Br. Francis Maluf, M.I.C.M.

"(School is to be a factory) in which raw products, children, are to be shaped and formed into finished products . . .(m)anufactured like nails, and the specifications for manufacturing will come from government and industry."

-- Elwood P. Cubberley, Dean of School of Education, Stanford University, 1905

"The creatures that want to live a life of their own, we call wild. If wild, then no matter how harmless, we treat them as outlaws, and those of us who are 'specially well brought up shoot them for fun."

-- Clarence Day, This Simian World
Thanks, John. Those are the stock Boxster S wheels. Just been keeping them clean ........and turning of course. smiling bouncing smiley
Bruce in Philly's two tone wheel paint job. The dark center, silver rim scheme reminds me of classic Porsche Fuchs A5 paint treatment, although usually flat black spokes. If I could find a set of Fuchs A5s in 17", I'd get a set for Wolfi in a heartbeat. Bruce, are yours 17s or 18s?

JB/SE SoDak
1997 986 - Wolfi
Yankton, SD

"Wisdom is the most perfect knowledge of the most important truths in the right order of emphasis, accompanied by a total, permanent disposition to live accordingly.

"(School is to be a factory) in which raw products, children, are to be shaped and formed into finished products . . .(m)anufactured like nails, and the specifications for manufacturing will come from government and industry."

"The creatures that want to live a life of their own, we call wild. If wild, then no matter how harmless, we treat them as outlaws, and those of us who are 'specially well brought up shoot them for fun."

Oh my gosh. I hope
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 22 November, 2010, at 2:20:15 pm
they're not going to allow fat fingered posts on this board. winking smiley grinning smiley
it's not a lone finger, right?

JB/SE SoDak
1997 986 - Wolfi
Yankton, SD

grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley *NM*
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 22 November, 2010, at 3:40:52 pm
JB/SE SoDak
1997 986 - Wolfi
Yankton, SD

They painted the blue but the silver was original plastic.

Overall, I asked the paint shop to paint the silver ring near the tire as that is what I remember the factory option to be. I am not sure it is exactly as the factory option was, but I think it matches the overall scheme of the car. The S has some silver accents such as the silver trim around the windshield. The painted wheel option was the only option I regret not getting - but typical Porsche - was so darned expensive that I ditched it.

I like it but was worried it would look a little too aggressive. I don't care too much for the add on / custom stuff people put on the cars because rarely does it look natural to me. I am not against aggressive styling, but it can look too "boy racer" or gold necklace chain to me. Rarely IMHO can anyone improve over the college educated, dedicated design teams the factories employ. I am a bit paranoid about this given that I was a teen in a Western PA steel town during the '70s and mustaches, fro-perm hair, gold chains, open shirts, disco and the Corvette of the day have left me permanently scarred. It's too bad as I have terrible cognitive dissonance around Corvettes - I love them but wouldn't be caught dead in one. Pity cause they are great cars. I had a friend who painted the name of his favorite German metal band "Lucifer's Friend" on his jacked Nova in black with a paint brush. Oh the voices in my head.........

Dude, I am a tortured sole.
Its not safe to drive a mirror
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC - Tuesday, 23 November, 2010, at 5:26:00 pm
Re: Thank you, and Thank YOU. Howza about a few car pics
r9i8c7k - Tuesday, 23 November, 2010, at 7:50:01 pm
Awesome shine....

"Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love!"
YeeHaa is right
Michael(Houston) - Monday, 22 November, 2010, at 2:04:04 pm
Woooo Whoooo! *NM*
GA in VA - Sunday, 21 November, 2010, at 11:24:58 pm
Congrats on going live! I've got Porsche content!!
Sheriff John - Sunday, 21 November, 2010, at 11:50:48 pm
Now that I registered, I think I'll read the rules! Don't want to be the first to get a post deleted.

On my Boxster and now I'm noticing it on my 996....my heater fan whistles. It seems like the bearing on the fan, a high pitched whine/whistle. Since I've not heard anyone talk about it, I thought it was unique to my Boxster, but now I'm noticing it on the 996. Not as bad, but the 996 has A LOT less miles on it.

Has anyone else experienced this?

SJ
yes....
Bruce In Philly (2000 S Boxster, now '09 C2S) - Monday, 22 November, 2010, at 12:14:29 am
Mine whistled about five years ago and really ticked me off. Then it just stopped and has been fine for years. I think it may have been debris, but I don't know . Part of the charm.
[www.renntech.org]

Regards, Maurice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2010 12:39AM by MauriceonLongIsland. (view changes)
No Politics?
babamoto - Monday, 22 November, 2010, at 12:41:49 am
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Bahahahaha!
All hail, PedrosBoard!
Glad you're here.

And... we're back.

babamoto
Go ahead, make my day!
FrankZ, Chicago - Monday, 22 November, 2010, at 1:12:44 am
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You... you've made my day, Pedro, Stefan and everyone behind Pedro's Board dot com.

Pardon me for the "shout", but, W E L L D O N E...

YeeHaaa!!! x 2

'01 boxster s, biarritz white/metropol blue, 123,456 smiles...
Re: Yeehaaa!!!
Nick_USA - Monday, 22 November, 2010, at 1:35:05 am
Back home at last ..... Holla Pedro!!!!

Happy Boxstering again smiling smiley
How's Tango? *NM*
Pedro (Weston, FL) - Monday, 22 November, 2010, at 9:25:14 am
Pedro Bonilla

1998 Boxster 986 - 200,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen

Re: Yeehaaa!!!
garyinseattle - Tuesday, 23 November, 2010, at 11:22:44 am
I'm really excited to get my daily "fix" of Boxsters.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login