Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I found but now lost, a link to a site that showed you how to replace the A/C Heat Exchanger. Does anyone know the link? I just can't find the darn thing. 2000 S

Why I want it: I have had it with smelling maple syrup for two years now so I want to pull this thing and see if it is leaking. I read that this could be the source of the smell.

I had my indy and his wizard mechanic smell the thing and they thought it probably was A/C gas. Another mechanic smelled it and thought I should spray some disinfectant through the system (I did and my car smelled like a Seville Pimpmobile). Some here suggested it was the coolant from the Heat Exchanger. The latest symptom data is that if I run my A/C with the temp set at all the way down on LO, there is no smell. As soon as I push the button to up the temp, the smell of maple syrup fills the cabin so I am thinking it is coolant via the heat exchanger.
hoses / and/or the heat exchanger/little radiator after we dug up some instructions....

If it's only coming on after you turn on the AC, I don't think it matters in terms of the diagnosis, because a leak is a leak is a leak and you just have to find the emanation or origin source of said leak...

I'm not sure whether you are now referring to the heater core (small radiator under the base of the windshield) or one of the A/C condensors (behind each of the two radiators at the left and right front corners of the car, behind the bumper cover's openings and behind each of the two radiators (not counting the "S" center radiator if you have one bk there is no condenser back there).???

Regards, Maurice.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login