Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
3.6 litre motor
Alcantera - Wednesday, 8 December, 2010, at 8:29:41 am
In the last few months I have been helping out Randy Meyers at Whale tail Canada . We became golf buddies,then I built some doors around his home,and finally I took apart a 2003 c4. This car was used in a movie with Nicholas cage. The final scene has the car hitting a tree. The great part about this was the motor,transmission and differential were removed for the stunt. We have the complete motor (which was removed professionally) sitting ready to go. Our local Indy could do the L&N bearing if someone wanted the extra security. I would love to swap this into my 3.2 boxster but I don't think the Alcantera budget could stand the costs. This would be a great solution for someone with a blown motor. The transmission ,Diff and rear suspension are all in really good condition. My latest project is the restoration of a 1972 911e This retirement thing is not all that bad. Its great to have the Pedro board to visit I miss PPBB.
Re: 3.6 litre motor
db997S - Wednesday, 8 December, 2010, at 8:52:42 am
Have fun with the money pit, er, I mean retoration. Do you have the car already? PCNA is raffling off a '72 911 this summer. It took them a while to find a good candidate. It's over in Germany going through a complete factory restoration. They usually raffle off a new car (somebody on PPBB won the club coupe a couple of years ago). The PCNA one is already more of a challenge due to rust and finding parts. Supposedly, if they can't fine original parts, they are going to tool them theirselves to match specifications. Nice to have those resources. Me, I'll take the easy way out and buy a ticket or two. You should try stuffing the 3.6 into your restoration car.
Re: 3.6 litre motor
Alcantera - Wednesday, 8 December, 2010, at 4:56:23 pm
Its not my 911e that I'm working on , Its kind of fun I just go over to Randy's and say I need a right front widow mechanism ,and he will pull 6 out of a bin and I get to choose the one I need .I spent Monday night watching TV and sorting through fender bolts looking for the correct ones. I was looking for a part the other day and found a 356 steering box that Randy had miss placed. Randy,s memory is amazing I can pick up a part, hold it up and he can tell the year and model it came from. I now have all the tech books, up fix-in books and a pet program. I'm sure Randy has parts the factory could use or knows were to find it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login