Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
How many former PPBBers frequent PB?
BoxsterBob - San Carlos - Friday, 23 September, 2011, at 5:55:52 pm
While I see a few familiar names, I don’t see too many of the old PPBBers here. I know people change cars and interests and there are certainly more interweb distractions vying for time. I also believe a few left PPBB after chuck passed. I just recall great information from the likes of Skyler, Chris in NH, Matt the Car Nut, Gundo, Meredith, Trent Carter, Macsac, Robyn C (I wonder how many tattoos she has now? winking smiley ) and a cast of others.

Cheers to Pedro and all the others that allow Pedro’sBoard to live on in the spirit Chuck intended. I'm tempted to post a Crow's Foot, downforce vs. uplift or cost of foot well lighting topic just to see what happens. grinning smiley Happy Friday!
Everyone is ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Friday, 23 September, 2011, at 6:04:14 pm
... welcome and I have personally sent quite a few emails (maybe the addresses have changed) to the "old" monikers I remembered.
Some have accepted the invitation but others are still waiting to post (maybe lurking?).
I know that Skyler is deployed, although I don't know if he still has his Boxster.
Meredith lurks, and doesn't have her Cayman.
Gundo I've seen over on RennTech.
I hacen't heard from Macsac or Robyn although I invited them both.
If you remember anyone feel free to invite them over.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: Everyone is ...
BoxsterBob - San Carlos - Saturday, 24 September, 2011, at 8:30:43 pm
Is Skyler still studying law? That man could argue like nobody's business. I respect his service and hope he returns home safe and soon! I keep up with some folks over on Babblers.org and I was glad to see Burg Boxster still posts on both. How about Dale Zelinsky? (sp?)
dennisafrompa - Sunday, 25 September, 2011, at 7:42:12 am
Mostly just a reader now. Usually check the board daily though.

The other Dennis and I do some Mustang Club stuff now. He with his Shelby 500 ragtop and me in the Bullitt. Lot's of good memories since July 1998 when I first started lurking after my son bought a Gaurds Red '98 and I was saving for my '99 Artic Silver/ Boxster Red.

Think of Chuck, Cheeky, and others who aren't with us.
BoxsterBob - San Carlos - Sunday, 25 September, 2011, at 3:23:59 pm
I'm sure Chuck, Cheeky and Gotfried are sharing a few stories and memories. R.I.P.
Brett 1978 911SC Continental orange (San Diego) - Sunday, 25 September, 2011, at 11:11:17 pm
I missed news of Cheeky. I recall his heartfelt post years ago of his "right seat" passing on.

Brett
Cheeky and Gottfried
SPG356 - Monday, 26 September, 2011, at 10:21:48 pm
Brett 1978 911SC Continental orange (San Diego)
I missed news of Cheeky. I recall his heartfelt post years ago of his "right seat" passing on.

Brett

[i1115.photobucket.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2011 06:12PM by Boxsterra. (view changes)
Re: Cheeky and Gottfried
Brett 1978 911SC Continental orange (San Diego) - Tuesday, 27 September, 2011, at 11:52:54 pm
That's a special picture. Thanks for posting!

Brett
Mike D. - Monday, 10 October, 2011, at 2:30:19 pm
I had missed the news of "Cheeky's" passing. That's very sad news. I had the privilege to meet Gottfried and Cheeky here in Michigan; this board brought together a great community of local Porsche enthusiasts. I've been on this board for nearly a decade, since acquiring my first Boxster in 2002. I don't have time to post much, but I do enjoy the updates I see here.
SPG356 - Tuesday, 11 October, 2011, at 9:35:20 pm
To MikeD,

I am honored to be the caretaker of all of Gottfried's images, and I like to post them here when relevent to the conversation. Remember this day?!

Sebastian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2011 02:46PM by Boxsterra. (view changes)
How could I forget?
Mike D. - Sunday, 16 October, 2011, at 4:15:40 pm
Thanks for posting that, Sebastian. Good memories! Glad you're keeping the flame alive!
BoxsterBob - San Carlos - Monday, 26 September, 2011, at 9:25:05 pm
Are you referring to Rev. Dennis? Did he trade in his Realtor van for a Shelby? Sounds like a good move.
dennisafrompa - Wednesday, 28 September, 2011, at 7:18:14 am
BoxsterBob - San Carlos
Are you referring to Rev. Dennis? Did he trade in his Realtor van for a Shelby? Sounds like a good move.
That would be the same Rev. He took an 1100 mile round trip with me in the Bullitt and bought 2 Mustangs one of which is the Shelby 500 ragtop.

The van was long gone, a few Volvos, another 911, a Miata and a Jeep have been in his driveway since then.
Still here...but not a frequent poster.
Mixster - Friday, 23 September, 2011, at 6:54:58 pm
I first joined PPBB in '98 waiting for my first Arena Red Boxster.
My wife and I attended BRBS I at Freedom Escape Lodge in '99 and most of the BRBS's until a couple of years ago.
I still enjoy my 3rd Boxster and occasionally checking out what's happening at Pedro's Board.

A bit of trivia...at BRBS I, Pedro's "tech sessions" involved fitting wood grain, stick-on coverings on air vents and the radio trim work.

Mixster
'05 S, Basalt/Black/Grey int
Wow!...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Friday, 23 September, 2011, at 9:35:53 pm
... I'm surprised you remembered that.
The Dash Kits were very popular back then.
I sold a couple hundred of them.
Every now and then I still get an order, although most now are carbon fibre not wood.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

Hi Bob!
SMILIN - Friday, 23 September, 2011, at 10:58:15 pm
I'm still around...check in a few times a month just to see who is hanging out. 114k on my baby, and she's looking better than ever with Trygve's "like new" full leather interior recently installed. I'm looking forward to hooking up the seat heaters before it gets below 90 degrees. My son, a toddler when I bought the car, is about to start driving. Can't wait to get him out to an autox with me. Do you still come up to Shingle Springs on occasion?

Doug
Re: Hi Bob!
BoxsterBob - San Carlos - Saturday, 24 September, 2011, at 5:10:59 pm
Hey Doug, good to hear from you. I'm glad your box is still pluggin' along! The only time I get near Shingle Springs is on my way to Tahoe.
Trygve (San Francisco, CA) - Sunday, 25 September, 2011, at 3:05:02 am
Yep, Doug is providing a worthy home for parts my car no longer needs. One car gets nicer, the other car gets... meaner?

I still check in here regularly, though primarily read-only, as I rarely have anything too interesting to contribute. smiling smiley

Here's my latest garage photo. She's gettin' there...

more...
What, no glove compartment? *NM*
Laz - Sunday, 25 September, 2011, at 9:08:29 am
Re: What, no glove compartment?
Trygve (San Francisco, CA) - Monday, 26 September, 2011, at 11:40:54 am
Ironic, given that only now are gloves mandatory for the car!
BoxsterBob - San Carlos - Sunday, 25 September, 2011, at 3:27:33 pm
Trygve, you need to throw in a few red LED lights to complete the "all be bock" Terminator look. I can't wait to see finished product.
Hello old friends
Tnert - Saturday, 24 September, 2011, at 4:46:19 pm
I still check in from time to time to see if I can help anyone out or if something interesting is in play. I disguised my original screen name so as not to be identified, state and local witness relocation professionals would be jealous of my skills.

I did not personally know Chuck, but he was the glue that kept PPBB together. I am very greatful to Pedro for not only continuing the tradition but also monetizing it a little. I think Chuck would approve.

A big shout out to Boxster Bob for mentioning me by name, it makes a boxster brother feel good to be remembered, especially in my heyday.

I still push around the same 3.4L Boxster, it runs strong and is as fast as ever with 100K+ on the ODO and about 15K on the 344 HP 3.4L. It still scares children. My daily driver is still a motorcycle (Yamaha R1) but the Boxster is currently third in line and thus rarely gets driven. That reminds me I need to hook up the battery tender.

My new DD car is a Rosso Scuderia Ferrari F430 Spider that is so incredibly fast that if I drive it and jump in the Boxster I swear the Boxster has a live chicken stuck in the intake manifold. Poor little guy. My old Ferrari 308 GTBi I have had for 18 years was just not modern enough to be a DD, but the 430 is actually "better" than the Boxster as a DD for many reasons, of which most are quite subjective so lets avoid that. I am pretty active on FerrariChat.com because as the DD the F430 is where the Boxster was back in the day where everyone was in "discovery" on the ins and outs, mods, wheels spacing, ride height, weak areas, etc.

I am still with Kerstin,we are married and I have two great kids, Enzo - 4 years old, loves Ferraris and Porsches in that order, and Leo - 2 years old, who loves the Porsche and was just about his first word.

I ran into Melbourne Al in Lowes a month or so ago, its a small world. He had to convince me I knew him, great memory that Al has, mine; not so much.

Nice to chat; here are some pictures.

PS to Pedro; I much prefer the old PPBB format and the somewhat similar FerrariChat format, but now I am just nitpicking.

Sports car breakfast where we both take a two seater and one kid each.

Awesome. Great to hear from you Trent....
Clam - Monday, 26 September, 2011, at 6:38:07 pm
Thanks for checking in. Glad all is well. Miss all your pics from back in the day.

Clam
Trent...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Wednesday, 28 September, 2011, at 8:14:45 am
.... Great to see you here.
Thanks for sharing the family pictures. Beautiful.
I've been holding the post of STAF President when you were away, but you can have it back.
I'll gladly be your VP again.
Happy Porsche and Ferrari-ing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla

Pedro, You can keep the post of STAF President. I put it on my Resume and was a shoe in at McDonalds as fry manager.

I still dont like the clear signals on a silver car. It needs the Amber!!

The Ferrari people are just as divided on things that are just as silly. Most people swear by Daytona seats and would not own a Ferrari without them. They are a $2K+ option and ARE THE SAME FRIKIN SEATS! Just with an 1980's pattern in the center part that looks like it should be in the original Miami Vice.

Keep up the good work, I will keep stopping by, and maybe have something to add...
Re: Hello old friends
frogster - Thursday, 29 September, 2011, at 12:18:35 pm
Tnert

…and I have two great kids, Enzo - 4 years old, loves Ferraris and Porsches in that order, and Leo - 2 years old, who loves the Porsche and was just about his first word."

if you named your first one "Enzo", why didn't you name the second "Ferdinand?" winking smiley

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
Because I did not want him to get beat up after school!
Tnert - Friday, 30 September, 2011, at 11:32:05 am
If the second child was a girl, and I wanted her to be a stripper, I could have named her Porsche. The real deal was I named the first one and the wife named the second one. Life is just a bunch of compromises.
Re: How many former PPBBers frequent PB?
BoxsterBob - San Carlos - Saturday, 24 September, 2011, at 7:57:19 pm
Hey Trent, beautiful car and beautiful family. Last time we met was PorschePalooza III and Kristen still had Enzo on the assembly line. Congrats! Are you still on the West Coast?
Back to sunny Florida
Tnert - Saturday, 24 September, 2011, at 8:44:19 pm
Oh yes, Porsche Palooza, got some cool pics from that day. There is a good Porsche community in CA, I think its better than FL because there is not much to do in FL, all straight roads, no mountains, etc.

I lived in SJC for 3 years, CA has many cool features I miss, mainly the unlimited mountain twisties all of 10min from my house. Lots I like better about FL, mainly no traffic, inexpensive housing, and no state income tax.

Keep on Boxstering.
Great timing, BoxsterBob
Brett 1978 911SC Continental orange (San Diego) - Saturday, 24 September, 2011, at 9:19:53 pm
I haven't looked at the boxster board for months... a year maybe, and here's your relevant post... I guess I don't really fit the inquiry as I wouldn't say I frequent Pedro's Board, but nice to see familiar old usernames and hear from a few.

No boxster in my garage. Still just the 1978 911 and 356 project. The 911 is a project right now, too though...

Greetings all, and keep keeping the Boxster faith.

Brett
Re: Great timing, BoxsterBob
BoxsterBob - San Carlos - Saturday, 24 September, 2011, at 10:00:10 pm
Good to hear you are keeping yourself busy, please post the progress. There is a slant nose Continental Orange 911 I see quite often in our town, and it reminds me of your car. IIRC, you had a white Boxster at WCBF '04, way back when.
Brett 1978 911SC Continental orange (San Diego) - Saturday, 24 September, 2011, at 10:21:05 pm
Yep, Biarritz white/metropole blue/metropole blue. A couple pics if we're taking a trip down memory lane. smiling smiley

I recently saw "txhokie4life" (same username) posting over on Pelicanparts.com while in the middle of an air-cooled 3.6 L rebuild. Guess rebuilding watercoolers just wasn't enough. smiling smiley

Brett
BoxsterBob - San Carlos - Sunday, 25 September, 2011, at 4:19:39 pm
I think I took that top picture. smiling smiley Here is another shot of Kevin C and Andy - Portland getting another angle on the group shot. It was picked up by Dark Roasted Blend.com - " Anything for the perfect shot " You have to scroll down about a third of the way.

Brett 1978 911SC Continental orange (San Diego) - Thursday, 29 September, 2011, at 11:17:36 pm
Yeah, that's funny. I was looking at it thinking. That looks like a time lapse. I couldn't have taken that. LOL Sorry for the lack of credit.

Brett
BoxsterBob - San Carlos - Friday, 30 September, 2011, at 12:00:00 am
No problem, pictures are for sharing. Cheers.

Keep posting pictures of your current restoration project.
[forums.rennlist.com]

It started with the singular goal of head stud replacement but has snowballed into a full rebuild as I got into the engine and discovered more damage and wear than expected.

Brett
Same place...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Sunday, 25 September, 2011, at 6:58:52 pm
... different event.

This one was taken in 2007 at the West Coast Boxster Fest.
That's the loaner car we got. It was so fast that we got there before everyone else!

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla

Re: Same place...
BoxsterBob - San Carlos - Sunday, 25 September, 2011, at 11:56:15 pm
We were on the planning team for the 2007 WCBF along with Paralyzer, Tom, Dede & Kevin, George and Carol and a few others, but unfortunately Joanie's dad and the best damn Father-in-law anybody could ask for passed away. We traveled vicariously through photos and I'm sorry I missed the opportunity to tilt one back with Pedro!
It's all the pictures that people used to post of their cars. Some days, I wonder if any of the members really have Porsches or if they don't own a digital camera.

These are such beautiful cars. I love taking pictures of them.

I recall on the old PPBB, there used to be some people that would log on mainly to look at the pictures. Right KTS? winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2011 12:04PM by Laz. (view changes)
That was the other familiar name I couldn't remember... Kevin the Slow! grinning smiley An east coast event is certainly on my bucket list!
doesnt another light flash before the CEL :-)
grant - Sunday, 25 September, 2011, at 6:50:07 pm
The one that says " consider remaining fuel range"?

I saw that one while flat to floor at lightning.

Ooops

Grant
Bobtesa - Monday, 26 September, 2011, at 8:49:16 am
Checking in as another former ppbb'er. I think I found ppbb in 1998 (was it there in '97, I could have found it that early). It was a great help in buying my '99 Boxster. It was also the source for new owners to meet for country rides in the DC area. All the credit for that goes to Lorne Blackman - now in Vancouver (with a 911), and I haven't' seen him post here for a while. Through one of the DC guys we also rented Summit Point for a day for 18 of us to take lessons and drive our cars on the track. My point being about how ppbb (and now pedro) is a source for community in addition to being a chat room.

I had a hiatus from the board in the mid 2000s as I took responsibility for aging parents (too much extraneous info, but health, finances, living arrangements - several moves required, all very time consuming as well as psychologically draining). I came back in about 2007 as Bobtesa. I don't recall what my name was in on ppbb in the 90's, but I was here.

I check pedro's board several times a week. I am not tech savvy, so I only post when I can contribute to more mundane things.

1999 Arctic Sivler/black/black (sold)
2008s Silver/black/black - so predictable
2011 Outback
8/24/2011 first Grandson
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Monday, 26 September, 2011, at 10:04:48 am
Bobtesa
My point being about how ppbb (and now pedro) is a source for community in addition to being a chat room.

That's been the intent since 1997: To become a community of Porsche enthusiasts on the Internet.
The cars are secondary, although they are the common thread that brought us together and now bind us together.
As it's been said many, many times: It's the PEOPLE!

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla

Rob in Potomac - Friday, 7 October, 2011, at 2:16:30 pm
Bobtesa
Checking in as another former ppbb'er. I think I found ppbb in 1998 (was it there in '97, I could have found it that early). It was a great help in buying my '99 Boxster. It was also the source for new owners to meet for country rides in the DC area. All the credit for that goes to Lorne Blackman - now in Vancouver (with a 911), and I haven't' seen him post here for a while. Through one of the DC guys we also rented Summit Point for a day for 18 of us to take lessons and drive our cars on the track. My point being about how ppbb (and now pedro) is a source for community in addition to being a chat room.

I had a hiatus from the board in the mid 2000s as I took responsibility for aging parents (too much extraneous info, but health, finances, living arrangements - several moves required, all very time consuming as well as psychologically draining). I came back in about 2007 as Bobtesa. I don't recall what my name was in on ppbb in the 90's, but I was here.

I check pedro's board several times a week. I am not tech savvy, so I only post when I can contribute to more mundane things.

You are quite right, Lorne was the driving force in organizing us Boxster owners and we had many wonderful events, ranging from the first Boxster Rebellion (which Pete attended), to a Boxster group visiting Falling Water, to five or six of us driving the Tail of the Dragon, probably 10 years ago. Hope you enjoyed driving Summit Point, it is the home track for PCA Potomac region and many Boxsters participate. I was without a Porsche, driving an Italian car for a number of years, but have recently added a 911 GTS cab and am an instructor for the Porsche Club DE's at Summit Point as well as other tracks. But, I agree, PPBB was special.

Rob in Potomac
Michael SYS Driver - Monday, 26 September, 2011, at 1:53:34 pm
I visit this site daily, but I hardly ever post. My '01S has issues and I have not been driving it for over a year. Most likely an AOS leak but it could be worse. I really need to fix it and drive it. It always brought a smile to my face grinning smiley
damonbeals - Monday, 26 September, 2011, at 3:20:28 pm
I'm a old PBer, and do more lurking then posting, as most of the tech questions are for newer Boxsters and I'm still driving my ole 97!

Damon
How many miles now?
Tony in Whittier - Monday, 26 September, 2011, at 6:02:10 pm
What major componentns are original?
Post Falls Rob - Monday, 26 September, 2011, at 3:25:09 pm
I"m here lurking every day. I'm currently Porsche-less, but looking forward to getting back in soon.
BoxsterBob - San Carlos - Monday, 26 September, 2011, at 9:21:26 pm
It's great to see so many lurkers come forward. I'm sure Pedro would agree, current P-Car ownership isn't a pre-requisite for posting. It's a forum, so speak up. smileys with beer
silverbox03 - Monday, 26 September, 2011, at 10:23:40 pm
Me too. I was here shortly after start up in the late '90's, now I'm a lurker. Still love the site(thank you Pedro!)and the people here. I spent too much time here(there) in the early days, didn't get much done some days. Can't remember exactly what my original user name was, probably a senior moment thing.
Clarkaddison - Tuesday, 27 September, 2011, at 11:05:37 am
I mostly lurk, but still am grinning in my 06 Boxster.
98'r here too....
Eric (Plug Guy) - Tuesday, 27 September, 2011, at 4:46:27 am
I remember with great fondness my interaction with everyone here, especially Chuck, in the very beginning.

Matt the Car Nut: he's around, just not here. He moved on from Porsche to VW. I hear from him once in a while.

Robyn C also moved on from the Porsche community many years back. And I actually heard from Trent C just recently, he's doing well and still into cars in a big way.

Glad to 'still' be here. grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2011 04:47AM by Eric (Plug Guy). (view changes)
Re: Yes, some fond memories
Eric in Dallas - Tuesday, 27 September, 2011, at 6:09:56 pm
Pedro has done a fine job with the new board.

Eric in Dallas
It's not me nor the Admin Team ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Tuesday, 27 September, 2011, at 6:18:13 pm
... it's you guys (and very few gals) that make the board.
We just police it to keep it clean (and with no SPAM) and make sure it's up and running when you check in.
Most sincere thanks to our Sponsors (BumperPlugs, Bert Smith, PedrosGarage and the Affiliates) who help us pay the bills.

Happy Posche-ing
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla

Jules - Wednesday, 28 September, 2011, at 9:42:25 am
I started with PPBB in '99 while waiting for my 2000. Known as the "Cover-up guy" - I met many fine people over the years and corresponded with many also, and am thankful for all the help from many of you who are still frequenting the board. I'm sorry to say that I sold my pride and joy last week but will still check in on the PB - just can't forget 11 years of fun and enjoyment that easy. Good luck to all the newbies and make the best of your Boxster years - you will have no regrets.
tampamark - Friday, 30 September, 2011, at 12:02:57 pm
Ah, a nostalgia thread, gotta love it!

I loved my Guards Red Boxster, what a great car that was. Very reliable with the exception of a couple of MAF's, ignition switch, and one IMS failure with engine replacement...DOH!!!...that one under warranty luckily. But I had 9 great years with that car. While I rarely am on this board it draws me in periodically, I guess 9 years of daily interaction on the old PPBB has caused a residual affect. I ponder my next car and the 911 is up there on my list, the Boxster was great but I had my run and will never go back!

Now that I have moved on to the BMW 650 I am on the 6 series board as a frequent contributor. There are a LOT less people on that one, but there just aren't as many owners as Boxsters. But a good crowd. The 650 is my all-time-favorite car, just a great GT cruiser with fantastic sports car feel. It is absolutely loaded with everything, bluetooth, satellite, HD radio, Logic 7 stereo with built-in sub's and center channel, Xenon headlights, active stabilization, 360hp, keyless entry and start, 19" tires. I gotta say the negatives though, the run-flat tires are $450 each!!! So they make Boxster tires look cheap. Also, I have found it to have reliability issues, nothing major, but just little failures of sensors and such that always result in $1500 repairs. Luckily I am under warranty and now Extended CPO warranty and the $4k in repairs I have had cost me virtually nothing. Ongoing costs are way higher, the non-repairable run-flats have had 3 months and 3 different tires with nails, so $450 per month recently - thank the stars that I bought a tire road hazard warranty!!! They covered all three 100%. Throw in 13.5 mpg since I enjoy stomping the pedal and redlining the powerful V8 at any speed and it harkens me back to the days when 18mpg was the worst MPG in my Boxster.

BoxsterBob - San Carlos - Friday, 30 September, 2011, at 12:21:10 pm
The 6 Series is a beautiful car, my neighbor has an M6 and the engine note on that beast is amazing!
posts. Last I heard, he was selling new Porsches in Thousand Oaks.
Rev Dennis - Monday, 3 October, 2011, at 9:43:22 pm
Like an old penny that keeps coming back, I check in now and then. The other Dennis and I now have cars that don't leak or blow up. At least they haven't yet! smiling smiley

He has a very nice Bullitt......

I have a 2010 V6 Mustang as a daily driver......

And a 2008 Shelby GT500 as a toy......

No... it does not corner like a Porsche, but damn it goes like hell when you push the pedal!!!!!!
Lurk around the board
Toms - Tuesday, 4 October, 2011, at 1:07:23 am
I, too, found PPBB very helpful waiting for my 98. Still have the Black Aerokit and drive it every day. Now has 106,000 miles and am taking it to Rennsport Reunion later this month. Will be baby sitting at 54 Porsche 550 Spyder chassis #0090. The Ferrari Daytona and the Shelby GT-350 are gone. The Shelby will be featured in a future Mustang Monthly article.

Still judge at the local concours and Pebble Beach.
Hey! How are you, Merlin? I have discovered a love for guns as well... revolvers in particular. I hope you are well !!!
not allowed to have hand guns here sad smiley...its warming up thankfully....looking forward to Xmas
ace1 - Thursday, 6 October, 2011, at 1:15:43 pm
I still follow the board, still have my original 01 Black Boxster and always appreciate the help I get from members.
Frequent lurker, but rarely post
Michael(Houston) - Monday, 10 October, 2011, at 6:10:22 pm
Pedro's Board is one of my homepages, So I scan it daily, but don't post a lot

Work, family, and Boxstoberfest all seem to get in the way nowadays but i still like to see whats being discussed.

I found PPBB way back in 2002, and had my share of posts removed (you just weren't "IN" if you never had a post pulled smiling smiley ). Nicolas was just a bun in the oven at that time. He's 8 now, and I'm officially a MOF (moldy old fig, in PPBB-speak). 8 yr olds are high maintenance, but I wouldn't change a thing

Boxstoberfest has become pretty much a 10 month planning event - from the original 6 participants that started it from chatting on PPBB, to 210 people showing up this year with 106 Porsches. Pedros has even come over and sampled TX hospitality - as well as a few adult beverages and fine cigars.

He's to big to fit in the trunk anymore

He's to busy now to come to B'Fest. The last time was in 2008. School, sports, etc....

This year's lineup. We keep running out of places to park all the cars....

One of my co-workers. She and another came over and hitched a ride. Her hair matches the car smiling smiley

Sunday morning (9-11), we got up early and took coffee and danishes to the local firemen to thank them for their service. The local scout troop help a flag ceremony, a preacher lead us in a prayer, and we had arranged for all the churches to ring their steeple bells at 7:48. It was truly a moving experience. (more pics [picasaweb.google.com]#, and here [picasaweb.google.com]#)

truman - Tuesday, 11 October, 2011, at 1:47:24 pm
Many thanks to Pedro for continuing our community. I still have my '99 Arena Red Boxster. Left California 5 years ago to retire in Natchitoches, Louisiana, where we extend an open invitation to visit, if you are passing this way! (Oldest permanent settlement in the Louisiana Purchase Territory -- and small-town America at its best).

Truman
danz76 - Tuesday, 11 October, 2011, at 1:56:48 pm
I do, but my old handle was daninnj. It's a good thing I got a new handle, since I recently moved to South Florida.
Boxster is gone but,
dak911 - Friday, 14 October, 2011, at 8:30:10 am
I still have a look now and then...still looking for another P car however...
goblin-hexe - Wednesday, 19 October, 2011, at 7:51:50 pm
I haven't been around at all lately. I have a new 2012 M3 convertible on order. Build should be complete in the next week. I came to the awful realization this summer that my granddaughter (18 months) and grandma can never ride with me at the same time. As much as I regret it the Boxster has to go. I've got 30K trouble free miles out of the Halloween Edition. I will certainly miss the Boxster, but the M3 should help to ease the pain. I learned a lot hanging around both boards over the years, mostly not to worry too much about the old dreaded IMS issue. Just a momentary twinge as I fire it up and think it is my unlucky day today.

Best wishes everyone!

Jim
08 Halloween Edition in Midland, Mi

If you see a Halloween Edition BMW cruising give him the blink. The M3 is orange too. Boo!
Tom F. - Friday, 21 October, 2011, at 9:50:47 am
As a former PPBB deputy, I'm still around, mostly lurking.

My 2000 986 has turned into my daily driver (nothing wrong with that, at all) while the past year has been spent getting my 1990 Vanagon Syncro Westfalia ready for another couple of decades of service: 3.0 liter 212 hp Subaru engine, Porsche 930 axles strong enough to transmit the power, plus Audi A8 brakes to stop the monster and a coilover suspension to hold it on the road, Its been a huge project, but iI've got about 3000 miles on it now and is a complete blast, I love it. Now that its pretty much done I can start paying attention to my Boxster again.

So there is nothing in my garage without six cylinder boxer engines. Great fun!

Tom F.
Frissen - Sunday, 23 October, 2011, at 12:13:07 am
I'm here but I don't check it as often as I used to be on PPBB :/

Still have the good old Boxster almost 12, this photo was taken today :
Alberta Alex - Sunday, 23 October, 2011, at 3:52:18 pm
Like many I lurk but don't post since I left the Boxster world. I jumped with both feet into an '08 997 TT cab. I'm loving the car but I'm still trying to get used to the rear engine and all-wheel drive.

It's great not being concerned with the IMS/RMS issues any longer. I'm sure there are issues with the 997.1 Turbos, but nobody on Renntech is aware of any. smiling smiley

All the best to all.
Alex Eliuk (Edmonton, AB )

PS. I've just returned from Rennsport Reunion IV at Leguna Seca. WOW!! what a showing of Porsches.
Discovered PPBB in '03
NorminHouston - Friday, 28 October, 2011, at 1:25:04 pm
Mostly a lurker now. Sold the '03 Boxster S, bought an '08 Cayman S and now drive a 2011 Cayman S. Hats off to Predro for continuing the board.
Paralizer - Friday, 28 October, 2011, at 11:41:41 pm
While absent for quite some time, here I am. Still have my trusty '06, with over 60k now. Need to get my butt in gear and pop in here a bit more. Fond memories of the WCBF in '07. But life has taken me, like many others, in a number of different directions the past couple of years.

Paralizer 06 Boxster S Atlas Grey/Black/Black
Good to see you're still around Larry ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Saturday, 29 October, 2011, at 12:22:29 am
... WCBF sure was a great gathering.
Mary and I often remember what a great bunch of people we had the pleasure to meet and hang out with.
We should try to do it again!
Happy Boxstering
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla

Gundo in the house
Gundo - Monday, 14 November, 2011, at 5:13:39 pm
Great question. I'm around once in a while, generally to see what's shakin'

Renee and I had twins last year, so things have become much busier in our house. Twins Bode and Lily are for sure Porsche fans, and my GR 997 Cab remains in the collection.

It's great to see that there's...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Monday, 14 November, 2011, at 6:27:38 pm
... more Gunditos running around!
Congrats.
Happy to see you round here.
Happy Porsche-ing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla

Re: Gundo in the house
danz76 - Thursday, 17 November, 2011, at 11:17:45 am
Hey Gundo, I met you at a tech event at your house a few years ago. Have since gotten married and moved to Miami Beach. Congrats on the very cute twins. Good to see you are still around and have the 911.
Who? winking smiley *NM*
Burg Boxster - Thursday, 17 November, 2011, at 10:34:12 pm
It all started in 2005 with a Porsche...
Ed(Arizona) - Tuesday, 15 November, 2011, at 9:39:48 pm
when my son and I bought a 2002 Boxster S ...

He is now racing a 1978 911SC w/3.2L (and I am the crew) at NASA in Arizona.

The Boxster is now a Sunday driver...I still enjoy the writings of both early PPBB and current PB folks. Once in a while I will try to add a helpful comment smiling smiley

I have been driving and working on Porsches since 1965 and now my older son is carrying forward the passion

Its good to hear from all the previous PPBB players - I truly enjoy your writings, Thanks!

Roy Turner
Phoenix, AZ
2002 Boxster S Cobalt/Blk/Blk
Not too often, but I'm still around...
Kevin the Slow in NYC - Thursday, 17 November, 2011, at 10:53:14 am
Regards to all and I'll see you in June 2012!

KtS

2005 Boxster S
still here
Steve (Morro Bay) - Thursday, 17 November, 2011, at 12:04:54 pm
I still check out the board ever day or two, but post much less than I used to. My reading/posting picks up whenever I get around to doing projects on the car of course. Still driving an '03 every day with about 90k miles now. After 2 years of bouncing between LA and Berlin every few months, I now I live in Morro Bay year-round. The area seems made for the car, and my daily commute of 15 miles along hwy 1 is something I never get tired of.
Still Around *NM*
Bob D - Thursday, 17 November, 2011, at 4:50:59 pm
Re: Still Around
Meredith in Atlanta - Monday, 21 November, 2011, at 8:07:54 pm
What a great thread! So many good memories! I still hear from Skyler via Facebook... he got his law degree and passed the bar. I also hear from Howard and Joanne in OC... made so many friends here.

I can't pass any Porsche without feeling a little twinge - it's going to happen again, just not sure when!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login