Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
So I got bit by the Porsche bug again.....
Chris A. - Wednesday, 8 December, 2010, at 10:49:29 pm
Just wanted to stop by and say hey to everyone on here.... I was a member of PPBB from about 2000-2005. Well after parting with my 2000 986 S my senior year of college it was kinda hard to stay connected with the Porsche forums (almost depressing haha). Ive gone without a sports car for about 5 years now, but if all goes well, Im back! Just put a deposit down on an 07 997 Turbo and im pretty excited about picking it up. So i just wanted to basically re-introduce myself to one of the most helpful (atleast I hope it still is) forums around. Hopefully yall will take me back into the family around here!

Thanks Guys
Chris A.
You are doing a lot better than I did ...
Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Thursday, 9 December, 2010, at 12:57:16 pm
It was 35 years between the Porsche I had in school and the 08 I have now!
Re: You are doing a lot better than I did ...
Laz - Thursday, 9 December, 2010, at 1:38:02 pm
Yeah, I know the feeling: I had a 912 from '72 to '74 ("Hitler's Revenge," as my father, an Omaha Beach and Battle of the Bulge veteran would call it,) and my 2001 Boxster. I did have a couple of Alfas ("Mussolini's Revenge" ) along the way, though. If he were around, I know that my father would've really liked the Boxster, as he did appreciate good machinery, especially if it's not rusted through.
Between 1974 and 2008...
Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Thursday, 9 December, 2010, at 2:19:21 pm
I did suffer through the "revenge of Lucas,Prince of Darkness" with a couple of MGs.
Re: Between 1974 and 2008...
Laz - Thursday, 9 December, 2010, at 3:40:54 pm
Even though this would work with any refrigerator, you must know, "Stay warm this winter: buy a Lucas refrigerator."
“Anything really new is invented only in one’s youth. Later, one becomes more experienced, more famous – and more stupid.” - Albert Einstein
Why don't Brits make any computers?
Burg Boxster - Thursday, 9 December, 2010, at 7:08:32 pm
b/c they still can't figure out how to make them leak oil winking smiley
Looks like Porsche's rear main seal team can do some consulting work for them.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2010 07:45PM by Laz. (view changes)
Re: Why don't Brits make any computers?
Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 10 December, 2010, at 9:38:14 am
Burg Boxster
b/c they still can't figure out how to make them leak oil winking smiley

Here I thought it was because with Lucas supplied electronics, you'd never get Windows up. winking smiley
Ans : So as to more easily distinguish it from urine! :-)

The old ones are the best :-)

Peace and beer man.

Howard
Any other car details than model and year?
db997S - Thursday, 9 December, 2010, at 1:13:51 pm
Me personally, I hope to have a sports car (preference would be Porsche) in my garage for the remainder of my natural life. So, in 40 years if you see a brightly colored Porsche tearing down the roads with what appears to be no driver, except for two hands on the steering wheel, it will probably be a shrunken and diaper wearing me. Out of the way whiper snapper.
Re: Time w/o Porsche
bgale (Montrose,CO) - Thursday, 9 December, 2010, at 1:27:47 pm
Understand the feeling; I had at least 2 P-cars in my garage from 1973 to 2003. Sold my '97 Blue Turquoise then because the one who must be obeyed insisted that we have space for her new Passat in the garage. I did go through a dry spell from 1960 to 1973 without even driving one. Boy was it good to get back to it smileys with beer
Re: Any other car details than model and year?
Chris A. - Thursday, 9 December, 2010, at 6:32:08 pm
Black on Black, 19k miles, Carbon Console, Steering Wheel, Airvents. Pretty much stock turbo, but im excited to be back in a car. Already back looking for things i need to add. Already know i need a silver hood emblem and possibly some black wheels.

Been driving an 03 Chevy Tahoe for 5 years..... Its got 210k miles on it now since i bought it. Ready to be back in a sports car and get hooked back up with my local Porsche Club.
1998 986 Turbo-Look Cab
172,000 Miles
Dilithium Crystal Supercharger
Hahaha im sure it wont handle as well as the 986's do!
You'll need lots of track time to practice using the pendulum in the 911 . . .

1998 986 Turbo-Look Cab
172,000 Miles
Dilithium Crystal Supercharger
I'm sure he'll be fine w/ the AWD but I hear if you pull the p-brake up one notch it disables which'll surely help get the pendulum a swinging cool smiley
Welcome back and welcome to...
Burg Boxster - Thursday, 9 December, 2010, at 7:15:28 pm
the BAC (Boxster Alumni Club w/ Harvey used to be in MD now in FL serving as current chairman) aka... The Dark Side winking smiley

smileys with beer
Re: Welcome back and welcome to...
Chris A. - Sunday, 12 December, 2010, at 11:27:24 pm
Glad to be a member..... Where do I send my yearly dues? haha
Oh you'll love the 997 Turbo....
Howard in London - Saturday, 11 December, 2010, at 3:17:46 pm
I've had mine for two years now and still get an incredible buzz from it. The Boxster is a great car too. They're different and both are wonderful. The 997 Turbo is just so insanely fast cool smiley
Had a blast doing it too!!!! No problems! Had a case of oil (actually won it from the PCA club drawing) just in case, cause i heard these things can drink some oil. Im sure ive got some learning ahead of me. Just wish I had a track close to me.

Heres of pic of my new baby although crummy camera phone quality and a pic of my old baby....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login