Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Ya know this lack of spare thing...angry smiley
Paralizer - Friday, 10 December, 2010, at 10:35:20 pm
Really does suck at times. So I'm just pulling up to work this morning...early...in the dark. I'm within 10 feet of parking and...KAPOW!!!!!!! I step out of my car and all I can hear is hissssssssss. Ah @#IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I can't see exactly what the problem is, but I don't need to. Unfortunately my work has me out in the field all day. So I leave the key and wheel lock with someone back at where the car is and go out. Now after the sun comes up, and the rest of the world gets to work I start making some calls looking for a tire. You know where this is heading don't ya? None of the Porsche dealers or any of the several places I call have a tire in stock. Now because it's Friday were looking at Monday before I can get a tire...AH @#IT!!!!!!!!! Now I am out of warranty, but I utilized Porsche's Roadside Assistance to help with tire facilities that are "Porsche approved" to source a tire. Finally on my 7th place, I hit paydirt. They told me they still had enough time to get one in today. Now the one good thing is that since I was going out of warranty this year I changed my AAA membership to a more expanded one so that I now have 100 miles of free towing. (done just in case of this) I soooo got my money back today as I had to have my car towed out of San Francisco down to the 'burbs. So in the end after getting off work a coworker was kind enough to run me down to where my car was, and by George there my car was all ready for me. All that was left was to pay. Now we all know the PS2's aren't cheap. But really did this have to happen the day after I paid my property taxes.eye popping smiley Anyway I do have my car back with a new PS2...and the knowledge that I only need 3 more very soon. Have a good weekend all.
Damn this beer tastes good at the moment.smileys with beer

Paralizer 06 Boxster S Atlas Grey/Black/Black

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2010 11:28PM by Paralizer. (view changes)
Don't let the beer go flat *NM*
Laz - Saturday, 11 December, 2010, at 2:25:38 pm
Information for you
AreaOne - Saturday, 11 December, 2010, at 11:11:26 pm
[www.planet-9.com]

[www.funcarsonline.com]

[www.renntech.org]

[forums.rennlist.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2010 11:14PM by AreaOne. (view changes)
Re: Ya know this lack of spare thing...angry smiley
Paralizer - Sunday, 12 December, 2010, at 8:24:52 pm
Wow...lots of good info here. I've contemplated keeping an emergency tire at home. But with this info I might consider a spare in the car. Thanks for the info. FYI the beer was my home brew coffee porter...yummmmmmm!!!!! smileys with beer

Paralizer 06 Boxster S Atlas Grey/Black/Black

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2010 08:26PM by Paralizer. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login