Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Great service experience - Northern VA
Motobob - Saturday, 11 December, 2010, at 8:09:30 am
When I purchased my 2001S two years ago, it was a low mileage car that sat around a lot with previous two owners. I knew it needed to be driven and that is what I have been doing for the last two years. I also did not have a complete picture of its entire service record, so after this season, even though I only have 27,000 miles on it I wanted to do the full 30,000 service. The car checked out great; no computer faults, plugs like new, brakes still at 50%, etc. Mainly the service was fluids change, examining every major component.

I took it to [http://taylorchapman.com/default.aspx] Taylor Chapman and I am VERY VERY pleased with the attention to detail and expertise he applied. Lets talk about the little things he did on no checklist... blowing out the leaves and garbage by the radiators, detailing the engine bay since it was open, finding that the squirts on the windshield were clogged and clearing them, and the list goes on.

Additionally he saw some things that may require maintenance in the future but he wants me to watch before we decide on if we want to change out a water pump or replace a probably rear wheel bearing.... I have never had a mechanic suggest it is not time for something to be addressed, rather than just doing it and charging you whether the car really needed it or not.

I am really impressed and only plan on allowing Taylor to touch my car in the future. He also does IMS bearing changes (both single and double) so if I plan on keeping this car long term (10+ more years), I am going to get this done in late 2011.

No affiliation other than my research on the net to select him and them my great experience coming out of his shop. He even invited me to your his service space he has and meet his staff. yes, I am impressed and a happy customer.

Bob Fredericksburg VA
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login