Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
New suspension - PSS9 Installed
Ruby - Monday, 22 November, 2010, at 5:22:52 pm
Well just as the old board was going, I was in need of new shocks. It all started with an oil change (always something that's relatively inexpensive that gets out of hand) and noticed that the inside of my new Yokohoma S drive rear tires were cupping with only 2M miles on them. Checking out the rear end I needed a left lower control arm (think that's what it was) and rear right side ball joints. One thing led to another and started discussing how much lower my car seemed to be in the past 18 months. I have 17's and at full turn they were rubbing. Prior owner had lowered the box as I found out with Eibach springs but the original shocks were never changed (just hit 60M miles).

So after much discussion (and after driving my mechanic's Carrera 4S with the PSS9 suspension, I went for it after I was given a really great price that was $300 fully installed with an alignment over the lowest cost I could find on just on the PSS9 suspension. Since I was spending money and every thing was hanging, ended up putting on drilled rotors on my base box to save a quickly approaching repair.

We raised the car that to me appears to be about 1.5 inches and now from rubbing on the 17's I could easily go with 18's or 19's. Car handles incredibly well (not that it didn't before but it just seems more solid all around, no diving in the front if I hit the brakes and corners feels like I'm on rails. Have it set to the number 5 position which we settled on when I said I might try to track it a bit. Looks better with the height adjustment and the rotors with red calipers just give it a really nice look.

Pedro, will be in Florida next week for the winter and will make sure to take a run over to show off my baby.

Burt
Looking forward to seeing you. *NM*
Pedro (Weston, FL) - Tuesday, 23 November, 2010, at 9:06:07 am
Pedro Bonilla

1998 Boxster 986 - 200,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login