Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
isn't working due to a fuse or something else. It was working perfectly fine on the way home from a long roadtrip yesterday. Hoped in to go home today for lunch today and the radio wasn't working. Same for the way back to the office. I'm at work and don't have time to check the fuse and will do so when I get home for the day, but thought I'd ask if anyone knows a quick way to diagnose. On the roadtrip, i had the radio, I-pod, blue tooth, Garmin Nav system, radar detector, AC and ventilated seat all humming away for close to five hours. All of which, however, were still working at the end of the trip. Odd, that today, the radio wouldn't go on. I always turn it off before turning off the car.

Thanks.
around is to leave the car shut off for awhile -- it takes a while for the radio to fully power down -- or to remove the radio fuse to power down the radio and then of course install the fuse.

I have not heard of this problem with the 997 models, though, so the above may not apply.

As for what other electronic items are powered from the same circuit that powers the radio? My WAG is there are no other items. The other items you mentioned are probably connected to/powered by an auxiliary circuit and this has its own fuse.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login