Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Boxstoberfest 2011 - What a blast!!!
Michael(Houston) - Sunday, 11 September, 2011, at 7:36:56 pm

211 people, in 106 cars (exactly 100 Porsches at line up). The hotel manager told me this morning our Friday night bar tab was twice the till they have EVER had.

The best part was this morning. Because of the significance of the day, I felt I had a calling to do something. I got a local coffee house to donate coffee and pastries to hand out to the Gillespie County first responders - which was super easy. one call, and John from Clear Creek Pecan Co just said "how much do you want, and when" He brought enough for all the volunteer fireman, police, EMS who are in town. The Boy Scouts came and did a flag presentation, complete with drum and bugle, and a local preacher led us in prayer. I even got several churches in town to ring their steeple bells at 7:47, for one minute

Boxstoberfest 2011

Tino - Sunday, 11 September, 2011, at 8:28:21 pm
Sorry I missed it, Michael. Had I realized that Boxstoberfest was this weekend, I would have joined you guys after getting our new Boxster in Dallas. Rats!
I'm really working hard to get back in a Boxster
Karthoum - Monday, 12 September, 2011, at 1:07:12 pm
to get back down there again for this event. We were at 2003 and 2005 and we had such a great time. I can't believe how big it's gotten! 2005 was the biggest for us at I think 70 cars. So much fun!

Glad you all had fun and what a great remembrance of the fateful day. Nice job Michael!

Patrick
Glad to hear it was such a big success! *NM*
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Monday, 12 September, 2011, at 1:42:35 pm
Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login