Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Top Down day in February in Virginia Beach!!
newt - Saturday, 4 February, 2012, at 3:01:01 pm
Nice treat, thank you God....

Re: Top Down day in February in Ann Arbor, MI!!
SPG356 - Saturday, 4 February, 2012, at 8:55:25 pm
Newt,

I was so excited I didn't even think of taking a picture.

I have actually had the top down at least one day during each of the last four months. That has never happened before here!!
Re: Top Down day in February in Ann Arbor, MI!!
newt - Sunday, 5 February, 2012, at 9:27:59 am
Top down in Michigan??? That IS a treat.....nice
OK, Newt, now I'm just braggin' smileys with beer
SPG356 - Sunday, 5 February, 2012, at 10:44:16 pm
Top down again today here in Ann Arbor and tomorrow is going to be even warmer!! This is absolutely unheard of.

Pics this time (above the windshield):

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2012 10:57PM by SPG356. (view changes)
You guys are driving me crazy here
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 6 February, 2012, at 8:35:44 am
The weather here has been pretty much the same as in Michigan. Hanging around 32 F over the weekend and supposed to hit 40 with sunshine today.

If I had a bit more time this week, I'd be tempted to take the cover off, let the extra air out of the tires and put the full insurance back on the CURVEN8R so I could head out too. I just know as soon as I did that, we'd start getting you-know-what.

Sure has been a different winter so far this year.
Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
What do you do with the insurance during Winter?
Boxsterra - Monday, 6 February, 2012, at 2:31:55 pm
In the US, if you tell your insurance company that you don't drive the car during the Winter they give you a discount on the annual cost.
Boxsterra
In the US, if you tell your insurance company that you don't drive the car during the Winter they give you a discount on the annual cost.

Here in Ontario, when you tell them you're not driving the car, they take off a lot of coverage like Liability Coverage, Accident Benefits, Collision etc.

We pay semi-annually. During the half year when I don't drive the car for about 4 months out of the 6, my insurance premuims are just about 35% of what I normally pay during 6 months (i.e., I save 65%). So yes, I pay almost nothing during the months the car is stored.

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
Re: What do you do with the insurance during Winter?
Clif R - Monday, 6 February, 2012, at 4:53:06 pm
in NY you must surrender the license plates to remove liability.
Clif R
in NY you must surrender the license plates to remove liability.

Who keeps the plates - DMV or Insurance Company? It would certainly keep people from driving without insurance.

I just wouln't drive without liability. It's just not worth the risk.

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
Re: What do I do with the insurance during Winter?
SPG356 - Monday, 6 February, 2012, at 9:04:22 pm
I Pay it!!

I drive mine year round. A set of winter tires and good to go. Most years there are only a couple of days out of the winter that the snowfall is too high to get out of my neighborhood.

One thing I love doing is motoring by people with FWD cars that are stuck in the snow spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

BTW, top down in Ann Arbor again today!!
Once I had to stop behind a Jeep that couldn't make an icy hill. I backed up, stopped nicely, and went around and up past it almost like being on dry pavement. And this was before hydrophilic compounds.
Hey Laz, is this you???
SPG356 - Friday, 10 February, 2012, at 10:45:44 pm
Great find, but I could only wish.
Laz - Saturday, 11 February, 2012, at 9:05:03 am
Mine was a 66 912 with chromed steel wheels (nice as they were.) This is likely a 911, and definitely a 68 (note the side markers, only that year had them,) and it's got the best wheels ever: Fuchs.

I'm going to copy the ad file and see if I can get Photoshop to clear up the body text.

By the way, Porsche doesn't have their wheels actually chromed anymore, as they determined the process weakens the underlying metal.
Also note the tall, vertical dipole antenna that could actually receive signals better than the modern, but dysfunctional windshield jobs.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2012 09:18AM by Laz. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login