Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Want to buy a DURAMETRIC but have a question....
LazzMan - Sunday, 29 July, 2012, at 1:14:04 pm
Hey all:

Just joined the forum after buying my first porsche at 58 years old; a BEAUTIFUL Boxter S 2000 which I LOVE to drive.

I am an engineer and love the idea of hooking my PC up to this beautiful machine to read and modify error codes.

Would someone please tell me the difference between the 'professional' and 'enthusiast' DURAMETRIC kit? Would like NOT to
spend 700+ dollars if I don't have to.

Thanks all!

Gerry
Re: Want to buy a DURAMETRIC but have a question....
r9i8c7k - Sunday, 29 July, 2012, at 3:00:20 pm
The "Enthusiast" kit limits you to reading a maximum of three different vehicles with your kit. The "Professional" kit does not limit the number of vechicles you can read with it. The "Professional" kit also comes with a fifty foot extension cable. I have the "Enthusiast" kit and have been very satisified with it.

"Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love!"
LazzMan - Sunday, 29 July, 2012, at 3:02:10 pm
THANK YOU so much for your reply.

I only have one porsche that I need to work on..... is it the software which limits the vehicles?

Ger
r9i8c7k - Sunday, 29 July, 2012, at 7:43:36 pm
Yes......

"Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love!"
No, it's the hardware *NM*
Boxsterra - Sunday, 29 July, 2012, at 9:39:37 pm
Welcome aboard, LazzMan
Laz - Sunday, 29 July, 2012, at 4:24:23 pm
You are the engineer Lazz, and I'm the artist Laz:
Any difference, Dr. Porsche?
LazzMan - Tuesday, 31 July, 2012, at 6:05:28 am
I DID notice your mark in the forum!! You Italian as well?

Ger
BTW, I don't think this is fully accurate. I think the cable controls whether or not it is Professional versus Enthusiast. You install the same version of the software. Also, you can purchase the Professional WITHOUT the 50ft cable, and it is cheaper, but still a lot more. If you don't think you will need this on multiple cars, enthusiast should be fine, unless you want the coding (see below). I have taken mine (Professional) to other 'events' and had it hooked up to other cars, which has been nice to be able to help out others, but probably not worth the extra $400.

Also, something that I read on the website, which is ultimately why I went with the professional version, is the following statement:

*These Coding options available with the Durametric Professional kits only.

I will tell you, when I hooked up my cable to a 2008 the other day, it wasn't 'registering' as a Professional cable, so the CODING options were NOT THERE. I had to call support (they had a bug in the software), and they got me going, and it showed 'Professional Cable', and then coding showed up. So, if you plan on turning things on, etc. then that may be something you look at. However, I believe the older Boxsters don't offer near as many 'coding options', so that may not be an issue.

Mark
chrismmm - Saturday, 4 August, 2012, at 6:20:10 am
anyone in the atlanta or north georgia area have a Durametric they would be willing to time share or allow me to use? Let me know I am sure we could work out something. I do hw and sw for a large consulting firm.

Take care!

chrismmm: 2007-987 . jet black . north georgia
PCA PST member
chrismmm
anyone in the atlanta or north georgia area have a Durametric they would be willing to time share or allow me to use? Let me know I am sure we could work out something. I do hw and sw for a large consulting firm.

Take care!

How long do you need it? I'm in Greer, SC, just up I-85.
986geezer - Monday, 6 August, 2012, at 9:01:14 am
How long do you need it? I'm in Greer, SC, just up I-85.[/quote]

My wife's family comes from Greer and we are considering a move down that way. I have just recieved the software from a friend and have a lap top coming in today. If we ever do make the move down you are more than welcome to use it with me.

Is there an active group of PCA members or a Boxster group in your area? Sorry to hijack the thread.

AKL
Mark from SC - Tuesday, 7 August, 2012, at 6:26:12 pm
986geezer
Is there an active group of PCA members or a Boxster group in your area? Sorry to hijack the thread.

AKL

Definitely an active PCA Group - just had a meeting last night at the Quaker Steak and Lube. Was a little less people last night, because of the rain, but still probably 40+ there. They definitely try to do multiple drive events as well as several in the group do PCA HPDE events at various tracks. If you are in the area, you should come.

Also, 4th Saturday of the month a bunch of the Porsche guys meet at the Cars and Coffee at the Starbucks on East North.

Finally, a few of us do the Blue Ridge Boxster Summit every year (Early June). Check out brbs.org.

You live nearby?

Mark
chrismmm - Monday, 6 August, 2012, at 6:20:29 pm
just one weekend would be fine.
chrismmm - Monday, 6 August, 2012, at 6:43:55 pm
I can send money for the shipping to and from, of course. if there is a fee associated with the borrow: no problem. let me know

PCA PST member
Mark from SC - Tuesday, 7 August, 2012, at 6:27:30 pm
chrismmm
I can send money for the shipping to and from, of course. if there is a fee associated with the borrow: no problem. let me know

No Fee - Send me an email at 'messex at netalytics dot com'

Mark
chrismmm - Saturday, 11 August, 2012, at 4:16:12 pm
Thanks Mark. Good looking out. ll cabled up and coding away! Thx again
Re: Does anyone know if one can disable TPMS with this tool?
r9i8c7k - Wednesday, 8 August, 2012, at 2:41:56 am
No, you cannot disable the TPMS with this tool.

Re: Does anyone know if one can disable TPMS with this tool?
chrismmm - Wednesday, 15 August, 2012, at 6:54:38 am
r9i8c7k
No, you cannot disable the TPMS with this tool.

Matt,

When is was in the durametric tool yesterday and looking thru the separate functionalities that can be changed I was sure I saw a few entries ref tpms in the s/w. I may fire it up again before sending back to Mark and respond here. Thanks

PCA PST member
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login