Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
The aesthetic genius of repeating forms
Laz - Thursday, 5 September, 2013, at 9:34:44 am
Much of an object's beauty comes from coherent integration of thematic repetition. The same holds true in great paintings and music.
For example:

It's been previously mentioned how the 19" wheel spokes pick up on the sweep of the sill crease up into the flare of the intake. Note how it also follows through the upper crease (as accentuated by the reflected highlights.)
The same sweep is mirrored in the back- and downward sweep and flare of the cloth top.
The side window also repeats the intake. (Rotated 90ยบ)
A topological modification creates the taillight shape, and along with the wing line, once again picks up on the spokes/side intake.
The direct rear view (not shown) reveals that the taillights and wing, whether up or down, reinforce the side forms. So does the third brake light recess.
The rising-to-the-rear beltline in conjunction with the overall bottom line of the body is an enveloping restatement of all the above.
Lastly, the nose profile repeats the leading edge of the taillight.
A study of the front view will likely yield further form integration.
Love it.....
Bruce In Philly (2000 S Boxster, now '09 C2S) - Thursday, 5 September, 2013, at 10:25:27 am
Aston Martin took the Golden Mean/Ratio/Rule of Thirds as a driver:

Neat Aston design blog piece.

Mclaren took their "sail" logo and appeared to design their car around it:

Peace
Bruce in Philly
On second thought....
Bruce In Philly (2000 S Boxster, now '09 C2S) - Thursday, 5 September, 2013, at 12:32:51 pm
Laz
Much of an object's beauty comes from coherent integration of thematic repetition.

Oh yeah? Well explain why this great work of chopped up no repetitious art works:

[video]http://vevo.ly/dO5yRU[/video]

Peace
Bruce in Philly
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
I'd have to agree..... just too good. *NM*
Joanne in OC - Thursday, 5 September, 2013, at 11:36:34 pm
"topological modification"
Roger987 - Thursday, 5 September, 2013, at 7:46:08 pm
A friend of mine had one of those once. Fortunately, a strong dose of penicillin cleared it right up after about 10 days. winking smiley
Re: "topological modification"
Gary in SoFL - Friday, 6 September, 2013, at 7:41:55 am
Roger987
A friend of mine had one of those once. Fortunately, a strong dose of penicillin cleared it right up after about 10 days. winking smiley

Maybe so, but G-man is still a carrier!

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Re: "topological modification"
Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 6 September, 2013, at 8:27:16 am
Gary in SoFL
Roger987

Maybe so, but G-man is still a carrier!

Absolutely, still a carrier. Who'd want to take get rid of this "topological modification". ....although I guess there are some people who might feel they're too old for this sort of thing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login