Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Dennis,

With both of us having two engines blow..... I came back and purchased a used 2009 C2S with 26K miles. These new engines are really smooth and very different ;-)

What are you driving and have you considered another Porsche?

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Re: Dennis A - what are you driving? Miss Porsche?
dennisafrompa - Friday, 13 September, 2013, at 5:50:12 pm
I'm happy with some American Muscle. I think the 986 is the most perfect sports car ever and if I had Pedro's car mine would still be with me.....BUT I can't see me owning one again. This Bullitt is great fun...still autocross it and the guys that own them tend to be older car guys and their forum is interesting and fun! Check it out www.imboc.com There are a few Ex-Boxster/Porsche owners and a few still have Boxsters.

I tried to make this Bullitt look very 1968. Lots of mods.

By the way check out the current issue of Autoweek there is an op ed on the IMS issue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2013 05:52PM by dennisafrompa. (view changes)
CarreraLicious - Friday, 13 September, 2013, at 10:35:06 pm
Dennis, how does the Stang handle vs the 350z you had? I had rented both the 350z and a Stang once during vacations, and found the Stang handled like a bus. I'm sure your souped up version handles much better than the stock one I rented though.
dennisafrompa - Saturday, 14 September, 2013, at 7:46:56 am
Lot's of suspension work makes any car better. After the works, including heavier sway bars, lower springs, adjustable panhard bar and fully adjustable shocks it handles well. I'm up on the wheel more because it is still a handful with the 3.73 gears, limited slip and a full race tune. You must be careful with throttle application.

It doesn't weigh much more than the 350Z, just BIGGER. I'll bet you rented a base V6!
Speaking of Panhard:
Laz - Saturday, 14 September, 2013, at 9:08:44 am
CarreraLicious - Sunday, 15 September, 2013, at 8:38:13 am
Yes, it was a base V6, so prob not a good example. The Z was a base V6 too though. winking smiley

Your car looks cool with those mods. Glad you are enjoying it.
Great looking car, Dennis..
MikenOH - Saturday, 14 September, 2013, at 10:13:53 am
In that view it definately has the '68' look;
What all did you add to get the look?
Re: Great looking car, Dennis..
dennisafrompa - Saturday, 14 September, 2013, at 7:25:21 pm
MikenOH
In that view it definately has the '68' look;
What all did you add to get the look?
First the chrome bumpers were added as well as chrome trim around the grill and tailights, then retro headlights and mirrors. 17" torque thrust like wheels with knock off spinners vs the stock 18"s allowing a higher sidewall tire. Finally the California JJZ 109 plate that was on Lt. Frank Bullitt's car. I stopped at the thought of adding a few dents that the movie car had.winking smiley
Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2013 07:38PM by dennisafrompa. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login