Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Have you ever caught yourself watching them sleep?
Dan08BoxS - Monday, 13 December, 2010, at 6:29:11 pm

Today the high temp here was 9 degrees....bright and sunny but darn cold. I found myself staring at my Boxster all tucked away.....asleep....waiting for spring to come.... I was dreaming of warm sunny days of topdown driving....listening to that flat-6 symphony...

Crap....it is still technically Fall!!! I have no idea how I am going to make it through this winter...

Sorry for the outburst....
OK, I admit I do too.
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 13 December, 2010, at 7:52:35 pm
Petty cool though. I like they way yours has a fridge filled with Boxster Beer to get it through the Winter. drinking smiley

Just had to go out and peek again.

....and again.

.....and again,

...sigh. Spring where are you????????????????????????

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
Whimps!!!!
Bruce In Philly (2000 S Boxster, now '09 C2S) - Monday, 13 December, 2010, at 9:43:58 pm
2000S - 10 year old - 174,000 miles. Driven all year long.

Doughnuts in parking lots! Side sliders down hills! Terrorizing the house fraus in their SUVs and watching their cell phones fly! Spilling beer everywhere!!! Yeeehaaaa!

The snow and salt pics are old but the shiny ones are from a few weeks ago before I put on the snow shoes.

[mywebpages.comcast.net]
[mywebpages.comcast.net]
[mywebpages.comcast.net]
[mywebpages.comcast.net]
Another long winter ahead ....
Roger987 - Monday, 13 December, 2010, at 10:37:58 pm

About 15 miles away and 4.5 months to go...
Yes, but
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 13 December, 2010, at 11:40:22 pm
Have you got any pictures with more than just a dusting of snow?

Drama Queens!
Bruce In Philly (2000 S Boxster, now '09 C2S) - Tuesday, 14 December, 2010, at 7:49:01 am
Oh yea? Here are two pictures of me in my 2000S doing the daily routine.... in real snow!

In the first pic, I am heading out for a cup of joe and beer. No stoppin' me, my Boxster, and a good set of snow tires!
In the second pic, that is me passing that ditched SUV - sorry, I couldn't help waving.
In the third pic, I am helping emergency crews haul cardiac victims to the hospital all the while towing a city plow truck.

Yea, I got snow.

[mywebpages.comcast.net]

[mywebpages.comcast.net]

[mywebpages.comcast.net]
Drama Queens! grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley I think you and I had the same
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 14 December, 2010, at 9:58:22 am
creative art teacher.

Polar bear in a snow storm.

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
LOLthumbs up *NM*
Clam - Tuesday, 14 December, 2010, at 6:43:30 pm
Not even a dusting here.
Roger987 - Tuesday, 14 December, 2010, at 3:17:37 pm
It's raining and 50 degrees F today.

You folks in Ontario have really been getting nailed. From today's Globe and Mail:

"Amid persistent stormy weather, police officers and soldiers are gradually rescuing 300 people who spent the night in their vehicles on a snow-swept highway in Southern Ontario.

Some 175 people – many of whom were trapped for more than 24 hours – had been evacuated from Highway 402 near Sarnia by about 2 p.m. ET Tuesday. One person was airlifted out due to an unknown medical emergency, according to the Ontario Provincial Police."
Re: Have you ever caught yourself watching them sleep?
MikelSr - Monday, 13 December, 2010, at 11:23:32 pm
Yes I do...

No Garage Queen
garyinseattle - Tuesday, 14 December, 2010, at 12:10:15 pm
No Garage Queen, just resting for the night

"Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love!"
Sleeping with protection ....
Clam - Tuesday, 14 December, 2010, at 6:52:45 pm
grinning smiley *NM*
Roger987 - Tuesday, 14 December, 2010, at 7:29:00 pm
winter of 09 vs 10....... tongue sticking out smiley
Harvey in FL - Tuesday, 14 December, 2010, at 9:37:36 pm

Harvey
Sleeping in Red Satin .....eye rolling smiley
Isaac '04SE (Hollywood FL / Mexico City) - Wednesday, 15 December, 2010, at 12:41:06 pm
Mine is sleeping since last September and is about to wake up this next Saturday , I'm coming to Florida for winter vacations.

Can't wait...........

Permagrin *NM*
Dan08BoxS - Wednesday, 15 December, 2010, at 8:21:41 pm
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2010 08:26PM by Dan08BoxS. (view changes)
is opening the door to take a quick peak at my sleeping beauties...

And having them peaking back at me !!

See my other pastime at www.gothamcityracing.net
eye popping smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 15 December, 2010, at 7:47:55 pm
...kinda makes you wonder what else is going on when you're not out there. winking smiley smiling smiley
Permagrin
Dan08BoxS - Wednesday, 15 December, 2010, at 8:27:26 pm
Thanks Everyone. It is so tough sometimes to make it through winter in Northern Illinois....hell....it is still not even Winter yet.... and we had -2 degree air temp with a -10 wind chill this morning....

Anyway, this is why I love this group. Your posts provided a little humor...I never had my car wink back at me..... and a little solace that I am not the only one who stores their love during winter. The thought of road salt eating away at the underside of my car gives me more chills than the temperature. I also get to live and love my car through the stories of all of those here who either live in warmer climates or who throw caution at the wind and drive their cars regardless of the season and weather outside. Your stories, your pictures, your humor and your banter all are much appreciated!

Thank you!
You've got that right, Dan
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 15 December, 2010, at 10:19:06 pm
At this time of year, we northerners really appreciate our southern brothers posting those pictures of Boxsters out and about. It really does help us keep out sanity (whatever we've got left of it. grinning smiley ) through the next few months.

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login