Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
2001S => 2013S
Motobob - 9 years ago
Well, after 7 years of ownership on a pristine 2001S with 34,000 miles it looks like I am upgrading to a 2013S with only 7000 miles on the clock. Headed south on Sunday to swap cars and drive the new one home and hopefully beat the weather. Will take some pictures and document the story afterwards...same color of course (red) but this one has a tan interior vice my current black interior...more to follow. I hope to fall in love with the Boxster all over again with all the new tech and comforts... no more karate chop to the plastic rear window from outside the car each time the top goes down????? thumbs up Bob

Northern VA
Bob, all I can say is that you're in for a real treat. You're going to LOVE the 981S. Enjoy the drive home. Looking forward to more details, options and pictures and of course your impressions of the car.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2015 11:01AM by Guenter in Ontario. (view changes)
Keep us posted
newt - 9 years ago
I am interested in your thoughts about the improvements over 12 years
Re: 2001S => 2013S
MikenOH - 9 years ago
Bob
As a former 986 owner, you will love this car-- more power, very high traction limits, great ergonamics and stunning looks.
Mission complete 1200 miles later; safely home ahead of the next east coast storm and new car safe in the garage....

Complete story to follow plus impressions in a few days, sooner if we get snowed in....:-)

The old and the new.... I thought it would be hard to say goodbye to our pristine 2001 I have had for 7 years.... once I sat in the supercar called the 981, I never looked back.... Again more to follow....

Bob Northern VA
Congrat's
Roger987 - 9 years ago
Nothing like a road trip to pick up the new car! A short 7 years ago, (or was it 8?), I drove my 987 home 1700 miles from Georgia. No better way to get to know (and love) your Boxster.

That photo illustrates that the 981's roof is much more sleek and integrated-looking than the 986's.

Look forward to more pics...
Short but sweet. I do get the impression you thought your new 981 was OK. winking smiley

I like those wheels.

Looking forward to hearing your impressions of your new ride.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2015 11:48PM by Guenter in Ontario. (view changes)
great report, Bob
MikenOH - 9 years ago
Hope you have many happy miles with it.
Thanks for the report, Bob. Glad you got your car home before the snow hit.

Good to see lots of pictures that will be a nice memory of what sounds like a pretty terrific weekend for you. Yes. 12 years makes a big difference in automotive development. You obviously found quite a difference between the two cars. I see you also notice the improvement in ride compliance. Pretty amazing considering the 20" wheels.

I know that to complete that 600 mi. trip ahead of the storm, you pretty much had to stick to Interstates. I'll look forward to hearing your impression of the handling once you have a chance to enjoy the twisties on a day warm enough to drop the top. It shouldn't take you too long to get out of the habit of jumping out of the car to do the "chop" whenever you want to lower the roof. smiling smiley

Enjoy!

Hey Bob,

Congratulations on your new Boxster S and thanks for the write up.

I personally liked your red Boxster S the best. grinning smiley

MIKELLIG
BLKBOXS

Hey Bob,

Congratulations on your new Boxster S and thanks for the write up.

I personally liked your red Boxster S the best. grinning smiley

Is there another color? Right on cue, the winter weather continues after a mild winter here and I probably will not be able to drive it for another week..confused smiley
Re: NPC.
Tony in Whittier - 9 years ago
$2.09 for unleaded regular!! Locally we are back up to $2.73. Funny how the price goes up in larger increments when rising then when dropping.

You call that traffic? That is light traffic on a Saturday morning in So Cal. confused smiley

Enjoy your new ride.
Tony in Whittier
$2.09 for unleaded regular!! Locally we are back up to $2.73. Funny how the price goes up in larger increments when rising then when dropping.
quote]

$2.73 is still REALLY cheap. Right now we're the equivalent of $3.60 / gallon north of the border.
Re: NPC.
MikenOH - 9 years ago
Guenter in Ontario
Tony in Whittier
quote]

$2.73 is still REALLY cheap. Right now we're the equivalent of $3.60 / gallon north of the border.

Interesting; Is the price down significantly from last year as the international price for crude dropped or has it been stable?
Any idea of how much of that total is in federal and provincial taxes?
MikenOH
Guenter in Ontario

Interesting; Is the price down significantly from last year as the international price for crude dropped or has it been stable?
Any idea of how much of that total is in federal and provincial taxes?

Taxes make about 30% of the cost of gas here in Ontario.

Yes. prices are down significantly from July / August. Here are the figures.

Last Summer
Regular (87 octane) $1.35 / Liter = $5.10 / gal
Premium (94 octane) $1.51 / Liter = $5.71 / gal.

Currently (they were a bit lower a couple of weeks ago)
Regular (87) $0.95 / Liter = $3.60 / gal
Premium (94) $$1.10 / Liter = $4.16 / gal

Notice too that we have a bigger spread between Regular and premium than you have south of the border.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login