Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
I was at my local (well 60 miles away) dealer getting new dancing shoes fitter on CURVEN8R.this morning.

Had a truck pull up in front of the dealership and everyone got really excited. I had an inkling. So grabbed my camera and this is what I saw.

Colour was a bit dark at 8 am.

Lots of carbon fiber, inside and out.

Timing is everything. Was it in "electric" mode when being driven, or did you hear the wonderful engine note? Either way, lucky you. Rare bird indeed.
db997S
Timing is everything. Was it in "electric" mode when being driven, or did you hear the wonderful engine note? Either way, lucky you. Rare bird indeed.

Didn't and did hear it in both modes. Weird seeing a car like that quietly glide across a road. Sounded like a great when they fired it up.
Weissach Edition - Liquid metal silver - my favorite color of the ones I've seen so far.
The interior looked interesting, hard to tell from the pictures, was it red or orange.
Those are the best sort of surprises!
Thanks for sharing,

Jim, 2001 Boxster S, 1973 Triumph TR6, 1956 Triumph TR3
jfarris
Weissach Edition - Liquid metal silver - my favorite color of the ones I've seen so far.
The interior looked interesting, hard to tell from the pictures, was it red or orange.
Those are the best sort of surprises!
Thanks for sharing,

It was a reddish orange. Pretty close to the picture. It would be a bit lighter out in the sunlight. You're right about the colour. It looked a bit darker than I was expecting. But it was still early - 8 am, so it would likely look lighter a little later in the day.
Most interesting

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
I''m tempted to drive out and see this beast in person before it gets delivered. Good timing!
Crooster
I''m tempted to drive out and see this beast in person before it gets delivered. Good timing!

They're not expecting the owner to pick it up before the weekend. (He's already flown to Germany to see it there). This one is #502 of 918.
"Athena leaped from Zeus’ head, fully grown and armed, with a shout— and pealed to the broad sky her clarion cry of war."
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2015 05:33PM by Burg Boxster. (view changes)
Hoping the BMW burps it up....

Yikes!!!!! You're right. No way to unsee that. Gonna have nighmares. Sheesh!. eye popping smiley grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login