Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I bought a carpeted plastic box for the rear shelf of my '98, to replace the faded, damaged, crappy looking bag that's been back there for 18 years. The box was in perfect condition, except the carpet was pretty badly faded (as expected/shown in the eBay photos). Well, have you heard of spray painting your carpet? I sure hadn't before this morning. I'm simply amazed at the results. I have no idea how it would hold up with wear and tear, but for something that will rarely be touched, I have high hopes that it'll last a while. It doesn't look painted. It looks like the original carpet fibers. I haven't touched it yet to see how soft and flexible it is, but I'm not worried about that. Anyone have experience with this stuff, and resistance to fading in the sun?

Is it definitely a paint, or is it more like spray on hair, or that fake snow stuff people spray on their windows at Christmas?
it sprayed on just like paint. no added bulk like my, um, the fake hair stuff. I sprayed it on heavy too. After it was dry, the carpet felt a bit crispy. It softened up a bit with a light brushing, but still not as flexible as the untreated carpet.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login