Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Replacing my passenger window regulator for the 3rd time. This time the failure was within 2 years so the part is covered via warranty. I always mark where on the window it is attached and I have marks underneath the car where the bottom of the regulator is attached. Any hints for making sure that this one doesn't break?

Greg
1999 Boxster
,,, for longevity of the window regulator is keep the car away from heat.
Direct sun, especially on a dark-colored car will deteriorate the plastic parts a lot quicker.
My car is white and almost 19 years old, in Florida and it still has the OEM regulators.
Other customer cars that don't garage their vehicle, especially black ones, we replace the regulators every 4-5 years.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Interesting. I drive mine from March into November, depending on weather. Usually just to/from work. It does get parked outside, though. This time, the failure was that the cable jumped off of one of the wheels. No plastic breaking. Why would the passenger side give me more fits than the driver side?
Pedro (Weston, FL)
,,, for longevity of the window regulator is keep the car away from heat.
Direct sun, especially on a dark-colored car will deteriorate the plastic parts a lot quicker.
My car is white and almost 19 years old, in Florida and it still has the OEM regulators.
Other customer cars that don't garage their vehicle, especially black ones, we replace the regulators every 4-5 years.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

That reminds me of the "good old days" when the good guys in the Western movies wore white hats and the bad guys wore black ones. It was easy to tell 'em apart back in those days.

Interesting the car colour makes THAT much difference. I've always known that dark coloured cars will absorb more heat in the sun than light coloured ones.

Also reminds me of the time I was driving my medium blue Karmann Ghia across the Texas Panhandle during a heat wave. Don't recall the exact temps, but definitely 100+ F. One of the local radio stations was frying an egg on the sidewalk. My car was parked in the sun while I'd stopped to get a cold drink. When I came back to the car, the undercoating was starting to melt and was dripping onto the one front wheel.
The regulators in my outside parked lapis blue Boxster lasted 13 years. The tech said they were just worn out, fell apart as he removed the hardware.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login