Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Driving to work this morning, down 112th in Bellevue, I came up on a 987 that had its brake lights on the entire way (a couple of miles). At first I thought maybe it was a malfunction, but when I got next to the driver, it looked more like just someone riding the brakes. It was an older man or woman, I really could not tell, driving hunched over the wheel with a death grip. 30 mph, light traffic and clear conditions. Just did not fit the mold of a Boxster driver.
garyinseattle
Driving to work this morning, down 112th in Bellevue, I came up on a 987 that had its brake lights on the entire way (a couple of miles). At first I thought maybe it was a malfunction, but when I got next to the driver, it looked more like just someone riding the brakes. It was an older man or woman, I really could not tell, driving hunched over the wheel with a death grip. 30 mph, light traffic and clear conditions. Just did not fit the mold of a Boxster driver.

I bet the car had a tiptronic. Not everyone is a driving enthusiast.
Probably on his way home from an all-nighter with his sweetheart. He's wiped. smiling smiley
Warren Buffett told a story one time in his annual letter. An elderly couple we're sitting at the dinner table finishing a meal they gazed into each others eyes and with the twinkle she asked her husband "do you want to run upstairs and make love?" He looked at her seriously and said "honey at my age it's one or the other; you choose".

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Lots of older folks drive two footed, not necessary with a clutch. They not only use the left foot to brake, but they keep the foot on the brake pedal at all times for stopping. It may not be enough to engage the pads onto the discs, but maybe enough cause the lights to go on. Whenever I see a person drive slowly/cautiously like that in an expensive car, I think: "If you are afraid to drive it, you shouldn't have brought it." Now that being said, maybe a child lent dad his/her Boxster so he could take their mother for a romantic Valentine's Day day in the city, and dad is too nervous to wreck the car. He probably had 4:30 dinner reservations and wanted to make sure he wasn't late.
Hey lot's of us old guys out there that don't fit this profile. Seventy five here and definitely not a left foot braker except of course for autocross.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2017 07:25AM by dennisafrompa. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login