Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I'm bummed
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC - Wednesday, 15 December, 2010, at 3:57:35 pm
Today was the day to drop off the holiday cakes to some neighbors.

First stop is to a wonderful couple 95 and 90 years old. He plays golf with me every couple of months. She is sharp as a tack. A quick merry Xmas and I'm on my way.

Next stop is to another older couple, she with some health issues. Enough so they are moving to assisted living next month. I comment on the boxes and their packing and then he says to me..."Michel, we got some bad news this morning...our grandson in Afghanistan was critically wounded and they don't expect him to make it". 3rd generation Marine. Their pride and joy.

2 years ago on the 4th of July I was talking to him on their deck as they fired fireworks off for the 4th of July.

Think of the young man. And say a prayer.
So many young men and women making sacrifices for their country.

1998 986 Turbo-Look Cab
172,000 Miles
Dilithium Crystal Supercharger
Even worse
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC - Wednesday, 15 December, 2010, at 9:22:25 pm
On life support in Germany until his parents can get there via airlift. At this season. The family already having lost his sister years ago at age 3 on Xmas eve to an accident.
On the other hand...
Constantin - Thursday, 16 December, 2010, at 8:32:30 am
... being able to get there before he passes away will allow them to get some closure.

A classmate of mine was burned over 80% of her body over there, and took several weeks to die. Such a wonderful soul, and I will cherish the memories I have of her in school. Even relief workers are not safe over there. But at least her family was able to put all of her affairs into order, have those long conversations that we should be having anyway, and so on. I cannot imagine what it would be like to bury one of my kids, I had a hard enough time putting my grandmother to rest - and she was in her 80's...
Sorry to hear that Mike.
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 15 December, 2010, at 6:02:20 pm
We'll keep him in our thoughts and prayers and hope for a complete recovery.
So sorry to hear that. So much sacrifice... *NM*
Constantin - Wednesday, 15 December, 2010, at 6:47:07 pm
He is in our thoughts and prayers. *NM*
Dan08BoxS - Wednesday, 15 December, 2010, at 7:40:46 pm
My prayers are with him and his family
Bobtesa - Wednesday, 15 December, 2010, at 10:03:19 pm
I peruse the board occasionally and post rarely (unless I can add to a thread). I posted a few months ago when I became a first-time grandfather. When my little girl was yound I realized the greatest pain in the world would be to loose a child. Now, my greatest fear is that something will happen to my grandson - how I would feel for him, but also for my daughter and son-in-law. Mike, Your note hit home, I'm very sorry to hear about this sad news.
Re: I'm bummed
IFlyLow - Thursday, 16 December, 2010, at 3:50:36 am
As a soldier who has been there, lost brothers there and has friends there now, I know the pain. My prayers are with them.
Re: I'm bummed
Al in Melbourne Beach - Thursday, 16 December, 2010, at 10:22:20 am
So sorry to hear this, mike. Condolences to the family and to you and all are in our prayers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login