Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Good morning!

Hoping someone can guide me to a previous discussion link or answer the following:

My 2002 Boxster had convertible top issues (turns out it was just the cables) when I purchased it. The top is now repaired and works perfectly, but the Convertible Top Warning light on the dash remains on at all times, regardless of top position.

I know in Boxsters you need to hold the button for a couple seconds after it visually reaches its closed or open position, but that does not seems to make any difference on my car...and I don't want to hold the button excessively just to find out what happens.

Is there a procedure for resetting the Convertible Top Warning light on the dash?
The warning light is controlled by micro switches. Have you tried to stick your little finger into the hole that the closing latch goes into and pressing the micro switch there? If the light doesn't go out the micro switch may be broken or disconnected. I do not remember the location of the microswitch that determines whether the top is completely open.

The way I read your post it sounds like the light stays on on both the fully closed and latched position, and the fully open position.

Who did the repair? If it wasn't you I'd go back to the repair facility and complain.
The warning light, depending on the model year, has the microswitch in different locations.
The newer ones the switch is inside the transmission.
How long have you held the button for after the top reached it's limit?
It may take 2-3 seconds more.
Try it.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login