Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Today I replaced the plastic end of the convertible push rod on the passenger side. I found a piece of the original plastic push rod end lodged in the convertible drain. Unfortunately, trying to (blindly) extract it with needle nose pliers only pressed it deeper into the drain so now the drain feels completely clogged. I can't grip it with anything. Any ideas how to remove it? I don't think I want to try pushing it all the way through the drain passage.

Second question, after having my convertible top placed under warranty (back window came unglued - top was free, installation wasn't), I noticed a plastic part sitting loosely in the convertible cavity. The part number is 986.561.446.02. I haven't been able to get a good pic of how/where it's supposed to be installed. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks, as always! - G.
The complete drain hose may have to be pulled up to extract the clog.

The part you mention is item #34 on this diagram.
It’s three fingers mount on the brace that moves the clamshell.

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Thanks so much, Pedro. Does the drain line just pull up and out, or is removal more involved?

And I did locate where to install the part number mentioned above. Thanks again, - G.
The drain hose needs to be released from behind the rear wheel liner then it can be pulled upward.
Happy Boxstering
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login