Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
I have an 02 Boxster S that doesn’t want to go all the way into park. As far as the I can tell the car is actually in park. Won’t roll away, however I can see on the dash it “thinks” it’s in reverse and won’t give me the key. Have to put it in neutral to start. Car has not been driven much in the last 2 years. This condition requires me to disconnect the battery as I cannot completely turn it off. It seems to me there would be a cable attached inside and some sort of linkage. I’m inclined to think it is connected to the gear selector between the seats . How do I access that? Gently pry these plastic pieces out of their original location? Try not to break anything. Car is actually in park but not showing it electronicall, red box is around R Suggesting to me that the car is still in reverse. Gear selector goes all the way to area where park selection is and will occasionally give me the key back. Please advise if anyone has had this problem and how to solve it. Thanks
The first thing I would check/clean is the Tiptronic Selector Switch (986.325.612.01).
This switch has been known to fail giving erroneous selector readings.
It is bolted on the driver's side of the transmission, right next to the left drive shaft.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna

switch.png
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login