Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Long story short, I completely replaced the BOSE sound system in my 987S-MY05. When I say completely, I mean all of it, AMP, HU and Speakers.

Of course as part of the "Odyssey" (Yes, it turns out to be a bit more complicated than I thought).... I left the MOST fiber optic cable just hanging as I didn't need it with the new HU and AMP.

But since, I see these 2 little codes when I run my Durametrix... I can't confirm they were not there before I removed the BOSE.

Bosch Digital Motor Electronics Motronic 7.8.1

Current Fault Codes U0146: Communication, gateway (CAN drive)

Gateway

Current Fault Codes 8007: Gateway incorrect coding

Can the U0146 be caused by the fiber I left hanging by not closing the looped network ?

How can I figure out the incorrect coding on the Gateway ?

Any help, much welcome...

E.
Yes, since the M.O.S.T circuit is open you'll get the error code.
The gateway code is in the missing radio.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
So is there anyway to close the MOST circuits ?

As for the radio, can I recode the gateway with my durametric ? I saw a Bose amp installed/not installed , but I don't recal a radio/HU setting.
Depending on how the circuits were treated, when the radio/amp were deleted, you may be able to bridge the open ends of the fiber optic cable.
If you can bridge them, that may do it for the M.O.S.T. part.
Durametric software cannot code. But even with a PIWIS you will not be able to recode a non-factory audio system.
Sincerely,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login