Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
after almost 10 yrs of ownership, my 18 year old plastic rear window cracked this morning while putting it down at the gas station... I guess I openned it too far before getting out to do the chop.

I chop every morning that I put the roof down, and about 50% of the time in the afternoon (the vinyl usually is hot enough I don't bother). i try to drive the boxster at least 1-2x/week April to October.

I don't think I can find a 03 roof anywhere, so I am going to go with the aftermarket replacement glass window top.

I can't find any pictures of the aftermarket roof in service position... However, I am not sure if it's a big deal or not... In the past 10 yrs, I've done all my own repairs, and probably only gone in from the top a handful of times... - throttle body clean, starter bendix dissassembly and relube, AOS x1, Air Filter replacement x1.

I found AutoTopsDirect has tops for the 986, just emailed them to figure out which one they recommend, do they come with headliners etc.

Pedro, do you have any images of aftermarket tops in service position.

I have 2 new vertical cracks, each about 1.5-2" long in the bottom corners of my vinyl window.... sad smiley I am doing a trackday tomorrow, and it looks like it's going to be a wet one... we'll see how clear gorilla tape holds.

Peter - 01 Black Box S with 147K km
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login