Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Hey folks - my battery in my 2000 Boxster is getting older and driving my car less due to current situation. Today I had to jump start the car. Drove it around to hopefully charge it up some.

But for years I've had a Porsche "charge-o-mat" 000 043 202 56 lying around that's never been used. I am considering using it now. But there are no instructions with it.

Questions
1) is this SAFE to use - i.e. just plug it in and leave it for days/weeks at a time/etc?
2) is it a charger or a maintainer?

Thanks in advance
i used to have one and use it in my boxster. yes, it's safe. it's a maintainer, i.e. very low current. to charge a dead battery with that would probably take days.

just plug it into the cigarette lighter and plug the other end to an outlet.

how old is your battery? maybe time for a new one? i usually change batteries every 5 years or so. sure, they can last longer than that but i just don't want to get stuck somewhere at an inopportune moment.

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
Thanks Frogster - yeah my battery is close to 7yrs - I need to do the preventative replacement soon
[content.eu.porsche.com]

Happy Porsche'ing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login