Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Any owners out there in the Virgin Islands?
bengalfan - Wednesday, 7 March, 2012, at 1:21:57 pm
Thinking of moving to St. Thomas or St. John, but worried about taking my 986 Boxster with me due to the roads.
Anyone on this forum from VI or have input on driving a Porsche down there?

Van
Re: Any owners out there in the Virgin Islands?
db997S - Wednesday, 7 March, 2012, at 1:33:34 pm
Hope to find out some day when I retire, but my dream would be the Jeep Wrangler with the top and doors removed for St. Thomas in the winter months and the Porsche left behind where ever my mainland home would be located for the summer months. One can dream, but it's too far off in the future and not certain whether that light at the end of the tunnel is a train. Be interested to see if you get any responses.

Check with the VI, things can be extremely expensive to ship to islands on top of taxes/fees that local governments impose. Many homes sell with the furniture because it's just too darn expensive to buy it new and have it shipped.
frogster - Thursday, 8 March, 2012, at 3:29:03 pm
bengalfan
Thinking of moving to St. Thomas or St. John, but worried about taking my 986 Boxster with me due to the roads.

roads? what roads? the whole island is only 31 square miles!!

any good porsche mechanics out there?

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
Only been to St. Croix, but...
Clam - Friday, 9 March, 2012, at 10:38:51 am
the roads were fine there. I drove a Ford Escape and it was good for hauling beach gear to and fro. Been there 2 times, and have never seen a Porsche. Don't think I'd want mine as a daily driver if I lived in such an environment. They also drive on the wrong side of the road in St. Croix.

Clam
bengalfan - Tuesday, 13 March, 2012, at 3:17:15 pm
Thanks for the replies!
I've been going there for 12 years, and seen a couple Corvettes, a Jag and an MG, but never a Porsche. I'm just not shiny with the idea of driving on the road (yes - they do drive on the left, with right hand steering), some are rough on STT, and on STJ, many are dirt/gravel. But its the sudden downhill to uphill nature that worries me most.sad smiley
Good point on the mechanic thing too.
Guess I'll be leaving it here in NWO. Will work out okay if I snowbird it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login