Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Hi All,

Mostly a lurker, but I post when I have personal experience with something that might help others.

The door panels on my 981 Cayman have started de-laminating. The drivers side is worse but the passenger side shows some early signs. Pedro says best to do both so today I spent several hours boxing them up.

The car: 2014 Cayman 34,000 miles always garaged in NJ

Pedro has a wonderful video on removing the door panel, but I couldn't find much info on boxing them up and where exactly to source a box. I did find that the recommended box size was 48x24x8. Not being able to find that precise size I went with a U-Haul Grand Wardrobe box ($13.95) and set about converting it to a 48x24x8 size.

I did end up removing the small triangular trim piece, looked like it might not make the round trip unscathed

All ready to go at 48x24x8 and 29lbs

... nice job packing!
Happy Porsche'ing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
The panels arrived yesterday after a nine day round trip to TechnoLab. I installed them today and they are perfect; thank you Pedro!

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login