Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Car ran great, no cooling issues. After I shut off the car and leave the garage, I hear the radiator fans kick on. I come back in and out of the garage several times and notice that the radiator fans are stopping and stopping several times.

I can understand why the engine compartment fans would be cycling on and off, but why would the radiator fans? The car is off, the coolant is not flowing through the engine. Fans running to protect the integrity of the radiators themselves or the coolant inside the radiators?

Is it because the engine compartment and radiator fans are on the same circuit?

Thanks.
The fans (radiators and engine compartment) are set to be triggered by the temp sensors whether the car is running or not.
After you parked you car, there is quite a bit of heat built up into the coolant. So, the radiator fans run for a little while, drop the temp and shut off.
Sometime later, the temp builds back up to the point where they're triggered again.
Normal operating procedure.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login