Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
He and his new mechanic, Elvis, got it for cheap because it had a potentially expensive engine issue. It turned out to be bore scoring. I was surprised the low amount that they paid (excluding Elvis's labor) to rebuild the engine. I learned that the 987s are also suspect for this condition. Has anyone here had to deal with bore scoring? Like the retro look that they did to the 997?
They said - right in the episode that if it was not Elvis doing all the engine work, the fee would be well in excess of 10,000 GBP. That is like $15K US.
Even then, that strikes me as cheap, but the "well in excess" is a lot of wiggle room.

In real life, I bet Hartech paid to have their services displayed on the channel. Their logo was very prominently displayed. That is unusual on that show.
Further, many folks would simply replace the engine with used and move on.

Not sure I am digging the faux Fuchs alloys BTW. The spoiler and the stickers look fine to my taste though.

I wonder if the "buyer" was the one who chose the back dating features? It did seem some odd choices were made. (or not).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login