Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Can anyone recommend a good dealer to program a DME?
Jayusa123 - Wednesday, 21 March, 2012, at 4:43:51 pm
Hi all,

My 99 Boxster needs a new DME. I have a salvaged one lined up, but my dealer is claiming $250/2 hours of labor to program it. That sounds steep. I can't imagine it actually taking 2 hours. Has anyone had luck getting a DME programmed elsewhere? I'm willing to ship the unit to and from a more realistic dealer for programming. smiling smiley

some background: my car threw O2 codes so my mechanic replaced the O2 sensors. After that, the codes wouldn't go away. I followed the diagnostic procedure in alldatadiy and determined that pin 4 of the 2-1 O2 sensor wasnt reading the right voltage. I disconnected the DME and tested for shorts, none were found. It looks like the problem is originating in my DME. Naturally, getting a new one from the dealer is a nonstarter at $3000+. So I'm going the salvage route.

Thanks!
Jay
I can ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Wednesday, 21 March, 2012, at 5:20:27 pm
... do that for you.
I would recommend though, that you ship me your ECU, CLU and ignition key.
I can connect all three on the bench and test everything.
If the ECU is damaged and repairable we'll charge you for repairs only.
If it's damaged beyond repair we can reprogram a used one to your VIN and get you back on the road.
Contact me for additional info.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login