Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
2009 Radio Issues-- Sound Familiar?
AS2003 - Saturday, 18 December, 2010, at 11:08:10 am
Like my previous 2003 Boxster, my current 2009 will lose radio reception every so often. This week the screen quickly went blank, it cleared all of my presets, and my bluetooth function disappeared. Although I now have radio reception restored, the bluetooth function is gone, the screen is oddly shaded, and the volume has three settings- mute, loud, and louder. I hope to get it to the dealer this week. Anyone else with the same problem?
Re: 2009 Radio Issues-- Sound Familiar?
ff42racer - Monday, 20 December, 2010, at 7:10:03 am
That is and interesting photo. How did you do it? Was the weather bad?
Even before I saw the photo I wondered if the radio got wet.
Laz - Monday, 20 December, 2010, at 11:07:38 am
Regardless of the weather, has the unit gotten wet lately, such as having something spilled on it? That could account for at least the display problem, and possibly affecting the other functions. I say this going by my own experience with my 2001's CDR-220 when a coffee splashed on it. If your unit has a removable face plate, taking it off for a while might allow the innards to dry out. The plate-to-radio electrical contacts could've been affected, too.
Re: Update
AS2003 - Tuesday, 21 December, 2010, at 8:57:24 am
Per the photo: It was taken from a second story window.

Per the radio: The radios in the 2003 and 2009 have never gotten wet. I did a system reset (which wipes the memory) and the screen and volume immediately came back. The bluetooth remains a problem. Annoying.
If it comes to it, you might get a repair here:
Laz - Tuesday, 21 December, 2010, at 8:24:02 pm
Becker Repair

I know the link is messed up, but you can copy/paste it into your browser's address bar. Their list doesn't go to 2009, but they do say "call."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login