Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
NBC: Sebring.
ff42racer - Monday, 20 December, 2010, at 8:39:44 pm
I am thinking of going next year. I live on the west coast. Last year I went to Le Mans alone. Had a great time. Would have been better if I had known someone there. So, I was wondering if any of you have been and are going again this year and would not mind too much showing someone you don't know around. Also where would be the best place to fly in to and a hotel not too far away.

TIA.
Re: NBC: Sebring.
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Tuesday, 21 December, 2010, at 8:11:17 am
I used to go to the 12 Hrs. Not anymore.
I now go to the 48 Hrs at Sebring, the largest Porsche Club Race in the World. [www.48hoursatsebring.com]
The 12 Hrs is a mad house. It always coincides with Spring Break, so there are a million kids all over.
It is very expensive, restrictive as far a parking and where you can go unless you have a Paddock Pass it's a hard race to follow.
There's also the hotel shortage. You have to reserve with a year in advance if you want to stay anywhere near the track.
The 48 Hrs. on the other hand is also used by many of the teams as a practice and setup race for leMans and they come right off Daytona, so most of the mayor Porsche Teams are present.
The 48 Hrs. are free, you have access to anything and anywhere and it's all 100% Porsche.
People usually fly into the Sarasota-Bradenton, rent a car and drive about 1 hour East.
There will be plenty of Hotel rooms available for the 48 Hrs.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: NBC: Sebring.
rootdmd - Tuesday, 21 December, 2010, at 8:51:42 am
Here is the best hotel near the track: [www.innonthelakes.com]

Flying into Orlando is another option and the drive would be about 2 hours.
Camping on the infield an option?
Rev Dennis - Tuesday, 21 December, 2010, at 5:27:38 pm
That's where the party is Mon! If you want the whole experience of a race weekend you have to camp out at the track.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login