Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
And I used to think the TUV knew what it was doing!! (j/k ... never heard of "TUV" before)
Could it be!
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC - Tuesday, 21 December, 2010, at 12:29:21 pm
that you might expect Porsche owners to take better care of their cars than lesser priced makes? Since this inspection is like our safety/emissions inspections, it isn't like they stopped a random number of cars on the road or factored in the number/expense of trips to a repair facility.

Though with that theory you'd expect to see BMW and MB on the list
Re: Could it be!
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 21 December, 2010, at 3:33:27 pm
The inspection they have in Germany, at least, is manditory and covers a lot more than just emissions. It's a full safety check.

I had my uncle visit from Germany a number of years ago and he was surprise that cars with holes rusted in the body were actually allowed on the roads here.

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
It doesnt surprise me that much. Mine's been outtanding
grant - Tuesday, 21 December, 2010, at 5:59:23 pm
My general take, amongst all the angst around IMSs is that these are really solid cars with one double-serious flaw.

For racers, the M96 motors have more serious flaws, like lack of a dry sump (instead we get dry #6 cyl, nto my idea of a good trade off) but that affects 0.01% of the population.

I drive mine all the time, track it all the time (well, as much as i can, which is never enough) and its in great shape. All wounds self inflicted, except maybe the motor mount.

Grant
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login