Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Washington DC service
JackintheBoxster - Wednesday, 22 December, 2010, at 4:36:35 pm
Arlington Porsche has apparently switched its service team. Some may remember that it used to be top-notch, then slipped and a number of people, including me, stopped going there. I dropped by for other reasons today and the old faces are all gone. Rudy, I believe, has gone to the BMW dealer.

I'm now using an indy shop (and as you can see above, I'm a little beyond the pale on malfunctions at the moment), but when my car was under certification I used to go there a lot. As I may again have a car under certification and need servicing at a dealer, I'd be interested to hear if anyone has good or bad experience with them.
Re: Washington DC service
db997S - Thursday, 23 December, 2010, at 8:55:36 am
They did more than switch the service team, about 18 months ago they sold a majority of the dealership to, if I recall correctly, Oursman. You have to watch the service guys who write you up and check you in, as they've left some of my to dos off the list. So, have them read it back to you. That group isn't as friendly or seem to take an interest as the old crew. They used to know you by name and remember which car you owned and some of the worked that was performed on it. Since the switch I haven't had any problems with the techs that have done the work, but my new car hasn't had any real issues in the since I've owned it (13 months now)--knock on wood. I go because it's just so darn convient, even kept going when my last car was out of warranty. I've toyed with taking my old car to German Automotive Group down in Springfield, but living in Arlington and working in DC makes Springfield seem so freakin out of the way, but they do have a shuttle to the metro. I may try them in three years when the new car is out of warranty.
JackintheBoxster - Thursday, 23 December, 2010, at 9:16:58 am
Well, the guy I talked to yesterday was really quite friendly and seemed well informed -- didn't think I have IMS, as it happened.

However, I had such a bad experience there before I would not be likely to go back -- although I might buy another car there if the price were right.

If you want a good indy shop near there, try Euro Imports, not far away, in Alexandria. He's very good and reasonable. I went to him on the recommendation of a friend when the dealership said a rattle in the back meant I needed to replace the transmission ($8K plus labor) and Peter Mikon at Euro said, no it was loose bolts from when they had previously replaced the clutch and fixed it for like $125 and a couple of hours work. Give him a try, I don't think you'll regret it.
db997S - Thursday, 23 December, 2010, at 10:27:48 am
Thanks, I'll file that away. I did not buy my present car at Arlington. I found that they weren't interested in dealing. Also, the sales guy never called or contacted me in between visits, and when i did follow up with him, it was like the first time we met. I normally like the low pressure tactics, but that was a bit extreme. He kept plowing over the same ground, didn't remember what I test drove or what i was interested in. I ended up going out of state to buy my current car (2009 997S Cab) and saved many thousands of dollars over the price quoted from Arlington. Both cars were identical, but the one in Arlington actually had about 400 miles on the odometer. Other than that, they were exactly the same cars. Arlington was not moving much on the prices of 2009 Boxsters, either, which is what I was originally after. There seemed to be more movement on the 911, but still not as much as I found out of state.

So, if you are going the dealer route, check around. The Internet can be a wonderful thing.
Chris in Va Beach - Friday, 24 December, 2010, at 9:40:09 am
I abandoned them a year or so ago in favor of German Automotive. Taylor Chapman is excellent, his service tailored and personal and nothing ever gets dropped.
I still like Arlington
John in VA - Tuesday, 28 December, 2010, at 9:04:22 pm
I took my Boxster S in for routine service in October and my Cayenne S in for some repair work earlier this month. Rich Thomas, who was always great to work with is gone but he's been replaced by Matt Moore who I think is also great. Matt previously worked back in the shop as a Tech, so he really does understand the details on what needs to be done. I've found PoA has not pushed to do work that isn't really necessary, but I had a different experience with the "sister" BMW of Alexandria shop.

BTW, it's Rosenthal that now owns the Porsche/Audi/BMW dealerships, not Ourisman.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login