Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Selling US car to a broker in Canada
casmiras1 - Saturday, 23 June, 2012, at 1:29:46 am
Has anyone sold their car in the US to a broker in Canada? I have my car listed on Auto trader in So-cal and out of the blue I get a broker from Quebec calling me saying that they would like to buy my car. Anyone know of Paul's Motor Company? Are they reputable? I looked at the price differences between Canada and the US and wish I could sell directly to someone in Canada so I could get a few more dollars.

Any input would be appreciated,

Raphael
of a scam, and someone coming out of the blue is just another shade of too good to be true.

Hard to imagine a case in which a broker would want to pay retail (private) sale money for a car. No profit. He will want to buy at wholesale and sell at retail.

Google the name of the business and see what turns up.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
My recent experience with on-line "buyer"
tom coughlin - Saturday, 23 June, 2012, at 11:21:01 am
I got a poorly worded email showing interest in buying a car I had for sale. In my response I said I was getting a lot of mail from scammers, and ...."if you are a scammer, don't waste your time".
Back came the response asking "Scammer?"....that he had been planing to come see the car and it was too bad that I clearly couldn't recognize a real buyer.

I found it most interesting, that he self-identified himself as a scammer.
You may want to try that to see what happens.
Re: Selling US car to a broker in Canada
KevinR-MedinaOhio - Saturday, 23 June, 2012, at 11:10:06 am
Yes, I would be REAL leery of the sale. Unless he shows up at your door w/ a fist-full of US currency, this sounds like a "Pass" to me.

Driving a new-to-me '09S in Aqua Blue Metallic. It does .5 past light speed. I made the Kessel run in less than 12-parsecs.
Motto: If you have your top up, that storm outside had better have a name!
Motto 2: Having the top up on a convertible is an oxymoron. Don't be a (oxy)moron.
carlos in Montreal - Saturday, 23 June, 2012, at 11:49:33 am
Paul's Motor Company does exist in Montreal.
Here's their web site. [www.paulmotorcompany.com]

I'm not surprised that a dealer broker would buy direct from a consumer. The number of available cars in the Canadian market is smaller that in the US and the prices for Porsche's in Canada are far higher.

I know someone near Montreal who did buy a Boxster from them, and the car came from the US. I will email him and get him to chat with you.

Remember the broker doesn’t care where the car comes, he buys it, puts it up to Canadian specs, adds the transportation and his margin and sells it back to a Canadian.
the offer comes from a business that appears to be real.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
Eric_Joy - Sunday, 24 June, 2012, at 8:44:32 pm
Raphael,

I live in Montreal and I have purchased my boxster from Paul Motor's company. They are a reputable company and did a good job for me. They provide a service called personalized shopping. Clients call them with specs and details and they hunt the US to find the car for them. Don't worry about the bad english, most people in MTL speak french and may have a very bad writen or spoken english.

They provide this service for a fee, in my case they took 7% of the valued of the car. Which I thought was fair as they took care of everything, PPI, transport, import, mods to canadian specs, etc.

From what I saw, they don't negotiate the price advertised, if what you're asking is fair, they will know and won't assle you at all. They should ask you if you're willing to drive it to the nearest Porsche dealer for inspection, it is one thing they consider a sign of a good car. When the owner find reasons not too, they feel it's because the car isn't in good shape.

In any case, you can trust them, they are legit...

I know Carlos send you my private e-mail, don't hesitate to use it, I'll answer your questions. Don't use this account e-mail, I used a yahoo account that I dont use as my true e-mail didn't work for the registration.

Happy boxstering !
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login