Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Cross exhaust update
Griff 03s - Monday, 25 June, 2012, at 8:42:20 pm
Back in early May I installed a Cross exhaust on my 03S and now I'm back to report that I love it even more. The biggest problem with an aftermarket exhaust is the resonance that goes along with louder pipes. Well, not with this Cross system. I believe there are two reasons for this, one being they are not overly loud and two and most important is the longer length of pipe that is used on this system. There is very little resonance and it's not at all annoying (no drone) and I ran a GHL for a couple years so I know. Did a roundtrip to Pittsburgh (3 hours) top up, ac on, and it was very pleasant, but dropped the windows in Fort Pitt Tunnel and it sounded like 12 cylinders instead of six. Sweet!!

Re: Cross exhaust update
l3m - Thursday, 4 October, 2012, at 9:40:49 am
Coincidentally, I installed the same exhaust exhaust back in early May. Do you have a catless mid-pipe installed?
Griff 03s - Thursday, 4 October, 2012, at 5:26:20 pm
I still have my secondary cats did you get rid of yours? Love the sound, what do you think?
newt - Thursday, 4 October, 2012, at 9:12:07 pm
Can you post a wave file? I am looking for a bit more sound but not real loud, this may be it.
l3m - Thursday, 4 October, 2012, at 9:54:31 pm
It sounds louder from inside the car than outside because of the intake (desnorkled). The RB Tech videos on YT of the Cayman and the Boxster with CROSS exhausts sound much better but it's because I think they are 987's with full exhaust systems.

I bought test pipes from Top Speed and will have it installed soon. I'll try and post a video of the sound.

Nice looking car you got btw.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2012 10:08PM by l3m. (view changes)
l3m - Friday, 12 October, 2012, at 7:07:35 am
I finally got the test pipes installed. The sound is much better and the car is a bit more responsive. I heard those secondary cats are 600 cells. The weight savings is also a plus.
Griff 03s - Sunday, 14 October, 2012, at 7:35:05 pm
If I decide to keep my 03, I'm going to put a set of test pipes on.
l3m - Thursday, 24 January, 2013, at 7:41:10 pm
Did you keep the boxster?
l3m - Sunday, 6 October, 2013, at 12:43:52 pm
Hey Griff,

Have you checked your exhaust brackets recently? Mine broke off from the exhaust. Brought it to a muffler shop and they welded a new bracket with rubber bushings to absorb the vibrations. Love the sound of this exhaust. CROSS doesn't make 'em anymore/
Griff 03s - Wednesday, 4 December, 2013, at 11:38:23 pm
l3m
Hey Griff,

Have you checked your exhaust brackets recently? Mine broke off from the exhaust. Brought it to a muffler shop and they welded a new bracket with rubber bushings to absorb the vibrations. Love the sound of this exhaust. CROSS doesn't make 'em anymore/

Just noticed this post. I haven't checked my brackets but just had the IMS changed and the Porsche dealer never mentioned any problems with the brackets. I will keep an eye on it, thanks for the heads up.
CK in Chatham NJ - Thursday, 24 January, 2013, at 8:20:40 pm
Where did you buy this exhaust? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
l3m - Thursday, 24 January, 2013, at 11:27:14 pm
I bought mine last May on Ebay. These are made in Japan by Jic-Magic. Cross is their European products division. The seller was the US distributor in Los Angeles. I talked to the guy and he said because of unfavorable currency exchange rates, he wasn't going to import any more of these exhausts into the US. I bought the last of the 2 he had for sale. You may be able to order them directly from Japan. Griff 03S might know a different source.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2013 11:29PM by l3m. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login