Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Found out why the coolant tank is so hard to swap out......
jg wnc - Monday, 22 November, 2010, at 12:54:58 pm
While the board was down, I made a quick trip to Germany along with fellow boarder, Mellow Yellow - who now owns a CLK63 AMG. When we hit Stuttgart we had arranged to do the Porsche factory tour. We toured the engine assembly area as well as the production line. When we were looking at the production line, I saw a bare Boxster chasis come down the line assembly line and the first thing they did was install the coolant tank! Before the engine went in or any of the suspension went on. Very interesting. Really enjoyed the factory tour and the new Porsche Museum as well. I highly recommend both!
jg atl
While the board was down, I made a quick trip to Germany along with fellow boarder, Mellow Yellow - who now owns a CLK63 AMG. When we hit Stuttgart we had arranged to do the Porsche factory tour. We toured the engine assembly area as well as the production line. When we were looking at the production line, I saw a bare Boxster chasis come down the line assembly line and the first thing they did was install the coolant tank! Before the engine went in or any of the suspension went on. Very interesting. Really enjoyed the factory tour and the new Porsche Museum as well. I highly recommend both!

So what you're saying, it would be much easier to swap out the coolant tank if one removes the chasis from the engine first. winking smiley
I am sure the dealers would love that. To change the coolant tank, you have to drop the engine! eye popping smiley
Mine went KaPut last week on my way to work. Now I feel better about the $1100 it cost at the Indy to have it replaced. I looked at the parts diagram and it looked like Chinese Math, so I opted out of the DYI as I had to leave on a trip the following morning. Thanks for confirming my cowardice!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login