Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I think it's time to start a watch thread on PB ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Saturday, 25 December, 2010, at 12:31:59 pm
... since I was good all year and this is what Santa left for me under the tree.
How did Santa know that I'm partial to orange things?
Woo Hoo!

[i83.photobucket.com]

Happy Porsche-ing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2010 12:32PM by Pedro (Weston, FL). (view changes)
About time. Omegas are great watches...
CarreraLicious - Saturday, 25 December, 2010, at 12:56:34 pm
Here's my Speedy Pro on croc strap...
Congrats on the orange PO!

Naturally, we also need a
Guenter in Ontario - Saturday, 25 December, 2010, at 2:22:19 pm

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
Re: Rolex submariner--10 years for me so far
SeaNile - Saturday, 25 December, 2010, at 1:40:23 pm
Did have to take it in for service when I hit my wrist on a corner, hit the watch and popped off the face. No issue, took in it and it is as good as new, and that was probably 5 years ago.
Rolex Red Submariner - 37 years and still ticking
Tom F. - Saturday, 25 December, 2010, at 2:09:02 pm
Bought it new when I was a diving instructor, have worn it everyday since then, except for a few trips for $ervice. smiling smiley

Wouldn't have it any otherway!
Good for you for buying it back when we were buying a precision instrument and not an investment. They were, in the word of a photographer 30 years ago, a status symbol that worked. I'll keep mine as long as it still works.
New watch today...
Dave In MD - Saturday, 25 December, 2010, at 1:59:20 pm
I asked Santa for a new watch for DE, he brought me two:

For the wrist, a cheap timex with large numbers so I can see it with these old, tired eyes:

[lh6.ggpht.com]

and, for the car, Track Master software for my new Droid phone:

[lh3.ggpht.com]

Ready for the first DE of the spring! smiling smiley

Dave - 06 987 S coupe SG/NL; gone (but still my first love): 03 986 AS/GG/BK;
Mine's not new, but I now have more
Guenter in Ontario - Saturday, 25 December, 2010, at 2:27:05 pm
time. grinning smiley

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
I'm not in a hurry...................
JFP in PA - Saturday, 25 December, 2010, at 4:02:13 pm

“Anything really new is invented only in one’s youth. Later, one becomes more experienced, more famous – and more stupid.” - Albert Einstein
LOL grinning smiley *NM*
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Sunday, 26 December, 2010, at 9:21:53 pm
Pedro Bonilla
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

Re: I think it's time to start a watch thread on PB ...
Stuttgartz - Saturday, 25 December, 2010, at 5:11:45 pm
My venerable Daytona Cosmograph!
--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
if you can see my rock watch it's daytime and if you can't its night time. Its awesome and it doesn't ever need batteries.
By "rock watch" I thought you meant one of these…
frogster - Sunday, 26 December, 2010, at 2:32:12 pm
Tissot made "rock watches" in the 80's

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
oh no...its really a rock. I keep it in my pocket. I guess that technically it would be a pocket rock watch. I also have a stick watch too. the finger smiley
Just curious
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC - Sunday, 26 December, 2010, at 8:07:24 pm
what you all use all the extra dials and buttons for. As a basketball referee I carried a digital timer watch as a backup. And now have a multi-function digital on my arm but have never used any of the functions that don't just tell me date and time. So just curious ... are they for style or do you use the extras often?
Re: Just curious
CarreraLicious - Sunday, 26 December, 2010, at 8:17:41 pm
They're functional. For example, on my Speedmaster chronograph, the large sweep seconds hand measures to a split second, the right subdial for minutes, the lower subdual to count hours, and the left subdial is for the watch's regular timekeeping seconds, independent of the stopwatch function. The top button starts the timing and stops it, and the bottom button resets the stopwatch back to zero. Oh, and no battery ever needed because the watch is mechanical. I use it for simple stuff all the time for things like timing my cooking or flight hours during a trip.
Re: Just curious
JackintheBoxster - Sunday, 26 December, 2010, at 9:00:52 pm
I'm a journalist and I use the elapsed-time bezel to keep time when I'm taping an interview so I can speed things up if it looks like an answer is going too long. I also mark in my notes times for key answers so I can go right back to them when I'm working with the recording afterward.
I use the...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Sunday, 26 December, 2010, at 9:24:18 pm
... stopwatch function all the time, while at the track.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login