Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Here's one:
Laz - Monday, 16 July, 2012, at 11:03:31 am
This is from Ektachrome. Keep in mind Walgreen's said they change their chemistry once a month... kind of like how some people shower.

Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
I live in Erehwon, near Utopia. It's hard to find in an Atlas, because four color map theorem is inadequate. My house is a wood framed tesseract, and I decant my wines from a Klein bottle.

That explains everything grinning smiley *NM*
Gary in SoFL - Monday, 16 July, 2012, at 12:00:03 pm
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
backward to me. winking smiley
but they look different to me.

Agate Grey

[/

Seal Grey

Good call, Guenter. And spoiler up:
Laz - Monday, 16 July, 2012, at 1:08:09 pm

Re: Good call, Guenter. And spoiler up:
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 16 July, 2012, at 1:33:48 pm
I really like the spoiler on the 981.

In that light, there's hardly any of that brown I saw in the first photo. That Agate really changes with changing light conditions. Like I said before. It's very rich looking.

Definitely not a car I'd expect to see driving through Erehwon. Utopia - maybe. But Erehwon. Really?
Re: Ever been to Globe, Arizona?
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 16 July, 2012, at 4:16:18 pm
No. But it might be worth visiting just to go to the drive-in and catch a movie.
Laz
n/t
Your car is beautiful Laz. Better color and much cleaner image. First (Ektacolor) has a lot of noise IMHO.cool smiley
jwdbox
Your car is beautiful Laz. Better color and much cleaner image. First (Ektacolor) has a lot of noise IMHO.cool smiley

I agree with Jeff. First picture has a lot of "noise" at the side of the bumper and door.
I like the colour
Roger987 - Tuesday, 17 July, 2012, at 1:46:42 pm
Looking forward to seeing more photos, in varying light conditions.

I suspect that whatever is gained by the use of photographic film is lost when the photos are scanned to share electronically.

Of course, that's not to say using film is a bad idea - just that it may not be ideally suited to this medium.
Re: I like the colour
Laz - Tuesday, 17 July, 2012, at 8:54:20 pm
Yes, as mentioned elsewhere concerning red rendering. Near neutrals like Agate are particularly tough, as their hues can shift dramatically in different lights. The second shot I posted (raised spoiler) is kind of close, but there's too much contrast. Value-wise, the paint color doesn't break so severely from dark to light. I think the biggest issue with my film is poor processing due to weak chemicals. It'd be nice if there was more readily available ISO 100 and lower film: contrast gradation would be a lot more delicate.

I'd definitely replace those amber side markers (sorry Pedro) with clears to match the DRL's.
I like the amber, the colored wheel crests, and the red calipers as they break some of the cool-toned monotony. Sometimes oblique sunlight makes Agate look a tiny bit greenish, but not so far as to clash with the top and interior.

Laz
.....Agate look a tiny bit greenish, but not so far as to clash with the top and interior.

Or your eyes, I assume tongue sticking out smiley

winking smiley

You know me so well, Shatzi! *NM*
Laz - Monday, 16 July, 2012, at 2:20:44 pm
Schätzlein...
Gary in SoFL - Monday, 16 July, 2012, at 3:08:56 pm

Re: Here's one:
MikenOH - Monday, 16 July, 2012, at 1:43:22 pm
Great color combo--a lot more vibrant than the GR car I drove.
Nice
Eric (Plug Guy) - Monday, 16 July, 2012, at 3:17:17 pm
We've done Agate for some plugs and interior trim....it has more brown in it than Seal or Meteor.

BUT...WHAT is that ugly front plate doing on that stunning Porsche?

smoking smiley
The dealer wanted to mount it to a radiator grill so as not to drill holes, but the asymmetry would've been relatively awful. Bought in Connecticut, but registered in New Yawk.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2012 03:47PM by Laz. (view changes)
We sell a lot of plugs in New York. : )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2012 07:53PM by Eric (Plug Guy). (view changes)
and I really dislike the look. They give tickets if you park on the street in NYC without a front plate.
I agree, but the look of a ticket on the windshield is worse!
Laz - Wednesday, 18 July, 2012, at 8:58:32 am
And strategically, not having a front plate when one is required attracts the wrong kind of attention, raising the motivation for LE to pull you over. It is the target for LASER though.

Slate has more blue and darker grays to it, Agate has more brown.
You're torturing me, aren't you?
Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Monday, 16 July, 2012, at 5:24:53 pm
Great looking car, though!
Hang on, you're gonna love your car's color scheme.
Laz - Monday, 16 July, 2012, at 6:15:48 pm
Of the two pictures I posted, the second (spoiler up) shot is more accurate. Agate is a very tricky color to get the hue right. Both my shots are a bit on the light side, too. The painted sample I saw at the dealer, and the brochure's color chips are waaay too dark, though.
I have to give you credit, Laz..
MikenOH - Monday, 16 July, 2012, at 9:53:28 pm
picking a new exterior color, with an interior and top other than in black, is very tricky, especially on a new model. Color chips and paint samples don't give you a complete picture, especially on how it will look in direct sunlight.You color choices all turned out well.
Re: I have to give you credit, Laz..
Gary in SoFL - Tuesday, 17 July, 2012, at 12:30:54 pm
But only in the right light eye rolling smiley winking smiley

Love that paint color...very nice! *NM*
newt - Monday, 16 July, 2012, at 9:57:58 pm
Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Wednesday, 18 July, 2012, at 1:55:28 pm
Closer, closer, closer... Its in the North Atlantic now - due in Brunswick, GA on July 23. Won't be too long until more pictures of an all Agate Grey 981 appear! But since I am somewhat color blind, I'll dispense with all that talk about "hue"!

Lawdevil
2013 Boxster S - Agate Grey,
2016 Macan Turbo - jet black
Cashiers, NC & Atlanta
And no U-Boats to worry about! *NM*
Laz - Wednesday, 18 July, 2012, at 9:05:13 pm
Awesomely beautiful car, Laz..
Rick (Nashville, TN) - Thursday, 19 July, 2012, at 2:11:43 pm
Hope you enjoy many happy miles!

Best, -rick.
San Rensho - Friday, 27 July, 2012, at 10:26:42 pm
Ah, Ektachrome. Since mama "took my Kodachrome away." its the only game in town. Still a fantastic image.

[www.youtube.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login